Not completely uninstalled?

Jeroen Teunissen 01/29/2004 06:11 am
Hi!

I downloaded the trial for Oe Pro and after a couple of days, I decided to uninstall.
Reason for this is I want to keep track of a website called www.flashkit.com (and others), but it gave me the following message: "We`re sorry, due to the immense amount of traffic Flashkit receives, we can no longer allow offline browsers."

But after uninstalling it still gives me this message (yes, even after a couple of reboots). Also when I rightclick in my browser window I still have the option to: + Offline Explorer: Download the current page.

Is there any way I can fix this, now I can`t visit one of my favorite websites anymore.

Thank you very much in advance for your answer,

Best regards,

Jeroen Teunissen
(the Netherlands)
Oleg Chernavin 01/29/2004 08:57 am
Hello,

I just loaded the site (about 10 pages) with Offline Explorer Pro 3.0 - all pages were as on the site with no error message (even few forum pages). Can you please tell me which pages showed the error?

Regarding the uninstall bug - it has been fixed in the latest 3.0 version. Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Jeroen Teunissen 01/31/2004 04:39 am
I am sorry for the late response, but it`s on all flashkit.com pages. It`s redirecting to:

http://www.flashkit.com/toomany.php?prob=ob

But for some reason it isn`t displaying it right now, all seems to work fine again. Strange. But hey, at least it works again!

But maybe contacting flashkit.com can give you more information ono the way how they check for offline browsers so you can learn from that.

Kind regards,

Jeroen Teunissen
Jeroen Teunissen 01/31/2004 05:11 am
A little edit. I think flashkit is blocking my ip address. I am at home right now and not at work where we have a different IP. (I am carrying a laptop) Flashkit seems to say they cannot allow more then one click per second. OE Pro does much more I presume. I can suggest you try to download the www.flashkit.com/tutorials directory with 15 pages/dirs deep, well, that`s what I did.

Jeroen
Oleg Chernavin 01/31/2004 02:33 pm
Jeroen,

This is very easy to overcome. You should open the Options dialog of Offline Explorer and change Number of connections to 1 and set 2 seconds delay between downloads.

This will make the download slower, but you will overcome the speed limitation on that site.

Oleg.
Chantal Clifford 04/20/2004 08:39 pm
I`m having the same problem with flash kit, and getting the same message...... It has only just started doing this...... and I don`t seem to be working offline...!! Can you help me out with this one!!

Cheers

Chantal
Oleg Chernavin 04/21/2004 04:15 am
Well, you need to wait for some time until the IP address ban will be removed on the site. Then change Offline Explorer settings to as specified above and try the download again.

Oleg.