3.0 Beta Release

daniel 12/23/2003 12:18 pm
In one of the responses on the forum, you indicated that the 3.0 beta release was available. When 3.0 goes production, will that be a free upgrade for users? or what will upgrade cost?
Oleg Chernavin 01/04/2004 03:12 pm
Sorry for not answering your question. I just overlooked it.

We plan to release 3.0 version on January 15th. All users who purchased license for 2.x versions after May 21th, 2003 will upgrade to 3.0 version for free. They already own registration keys that are compatible with 3.x versions, so the upgrade shouold be seamless for them.

For other registered users there will be an upgrade price. We will announce it later. It will be significantly lower than the full registration price.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
feline 01/05/2004 05:26 pm
the beta of Offline Explorer 3.0 Professional is available for download now on the 2.9 Professional page - 5th Jan 2003. however there is no sign of any info on the differences in version 3.
Alexander 01/06/2004 02:23 am
Dear Feline,

Thank you for writing us.
Please go to the Offline Explorer Pro Development History page:
http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/mpProducts_History.asp?id=2
and look for the 3.0.1470 Beta 1 version (the second section.)

Thanks,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
feline 01/16/2004 06:24 pm
ah, thanks for that :) i dont always read the updates page so i missed that. i am not sure what some of those things are, or how useful they would be to me. however:

* Added separate queues for each Project
* Added ability to pause a single Project in the Queue Manager

these i want now :) i will wait and see, but this could be worth the price of the upgrade from ver 2 pro on their own :) i havent tried the beta yet though since my key is to old, and i dont want the fuss of liking ver 3 then having to revert back to ver 2.
Oleg Chernavin 01/22/2004 09:04 am
Well, you will be able to reinstall 2.9 after 3.0 beta if you don`t like the latter, because these versions are highly compatible and your Projects and settings will not be lost.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff