WMA not downloading

Shawn Nelson 12/03/2003 07:05 pm
I can get my project to download WMA files. And, it apparently looks like it`s working just fine. Right about the time the file should finish, I see "1814 seconds" under Loaded (the file is 1813 seconds according to Length).

However, the file still remains in the queue and it doesn`t appear to be finalized.

I can stop it just short of completion and manually finalize it--this works. However, who wants to sit there and watch a file download like this??

I`ve read some other posts and it looks like the developers are still working on the streaming features. However, maybe a quick workaround would be to not disable the "Finalize" option after the file finishes. We could then at least manually finalize the file after seeing it`s complete.
Oleg Chernavin 12/05/2003 11:08 am
Well, but the Finalize option is available all the time when the file is in the Queue. Anyway, can you please do the following - press Ctrl-W in Offline Explorer Pro, right-click the Log Window, uncheck Pause, enable "Record Time" there and start loading some of such "hanging" mms:// links - when it hangs at the end, please wait for a minute and Finalize it. Then save the Log Window contents to a file and send it to us (Zipped, if possible) - to support@metaproducts.com .

This should help us to improve the code.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff