Folder / Files with `+` sign

Riz 12/02/2003 10:00 am
Hello I`m using offline explorer Pro to download a Microsoft CMS site, the folders and files with spaces are appended with a + sign, so Telephone Contacts.htm is served as Telephone+Contacts.htm, this is the case for folders as well.

The problem I`m getting is the folders and files are be downloaded as Telephone_252BContacts, this is proving a huge problem. is there a fix or am I not setting this up correctly...?

Regards

Riz
Oleg Chernavin 12/02/2003 01:17 pm
Hello,

The + symbol is not allowed in saved filenames because of compatibility issues. This is why it is being replaced this way. But all links in downloaded files should work correctly offline. Why it brings a problem to you?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Rizwan Khan 12/03/2003 05:02 am
Hi Oleg,

The content is downloaded and then indexed for searching, when a end user clicks on a search result it refers back to the site, because the url is incorrect (_252B) it comes back with page not found. This is really important as we recommended Offline Explorer over a Mcrosoft product please help !

Best wishes

Riz

> Hello,
>
> The + symbol is not allowed in saved filenames because of compatibility issues. This is why it is being replaced this way. But all links in downloaded files should work correctly offline. Why it brings a problem to you?
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 12/03/2003 08:15 am
OK. I will try to workout a solution with you. I have your direct E-mail to our support, so I will now reply it. If you will not hear from me for a while (1 day), please write us again either in the forum or to support@metaproducts.com

Oleg.
Rizwan Khan 12/03/2003 08:24 am
Thank you Oleg!
Oleg Chernavin 12/03/2003 03:57 pm
You are welcome! I already answered your E-mail.

Oleg.`