Can OE traverse depth-first?

Zhu Jie 11/28/2003 12:34 pm
Some sites will detect whether the parent page is opened or not and then allow to be downloaded.
Can OE add new explored urls depth-first?

Regards.

Oleg Chernavin 11/28/2003 03:31 pm
Can you please tell me what do you mean? Do you want Offline Explorer to load some page first, before loading all others? Or something else?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Zhu Jie 12/01/2003 09:34 am
Dear Sir,

I think the site I wanna download detects IE by using some variables in form(memory?).
For instance, if the parent page has a variable named FILENAME and posts it from a form, then the child page will inherent FILENAME from memory.
If there are 10 parent pages with 10 different FILENAMEs, because OE transfers breadth-first, the 10th FILENAME will become to be the only one working FILENAME when OE handles the child pages from 1 to 10, not the expected FILENAME1 to FILENAME10.
If OE transfers depth-first, like some robot-spiders, the problem will do not exist.
My question is whether OE can transfer from breadth-first to depth-first or not.
Or can I get the urls in queue first, without downloading, and then edit them?

Thanks for reading my poor english.

Best regards.
Oleg Chernavin 12/02/2003 01:45 pm
Well, we planned to add a feature to sort or move items in the Queue, but it looks like we will be able to do that only in 3.1 version. So far, Offline Explorer doesn`t explore all links to the maximum depth first.

Oleg.