Where are my files?

mo 11/17/2003 07:27 am
Hello,

Once again I am completely baffled by this program. I selected Properties and indicated a download location and spent an hour downloading and the files are nowhere to be found.

I can browse the files but the location in the addressbar 127...:800CDProjects/... is nowhere to be found even searching for files and folders.

This happens all the time to me with this program; it`s always some obvious solution but not obvious to me. Why can`t it just do what it indicates?
mo 11/17/2003 07:55 am
> Hello,
>
> Once again I am completely baffled by this program. I selected Properties and indicated a download location and spent an hour downloading and the files are nowhere to be found.
>
> I can browse the files but the location in the addressbar 127...:800CDProjects/... is nowhere to be found even searching for files and folders.
>
> This happens all the time to me with this program; it`s always some obvious solution but not obvious to me. Why can`t it just do what it indicates?

EDIT: I meant to say Options...>File Locations.

I just went through the whole download again and still can`t find them. Also the second time around took just as long as the first time around and of 3597 files downloaded only 2 were indicated to not have been changed.

mo 11/17/2003 08:00 am
OK I found them by Right Clicking the Project and selecting Properties where a download directory from three crashes ago was indicated.

> > Hello,
> >
> > Once again I am completely baffled by this program. I selected Properties and indicated a download location and spent an hour downloading and the files are nowhere to be found.
> >
> > I can browse the files but the location in the addressbar 127...:800CDProjects/... is nowhere to be found even searching for files and folders.
> >
> > This happens all the time to me with this program; it`s always some obvious solution but not obvious to me. Why can`t it just do what it indicates?
>
> EDIT: I meant to say Options...>File Locations.
>
> I just went through the whole download again and still can`t find them. Also the second time around took just as long as the first time around and of 3597 files downloaded only 2 were indicated to not have been changed.
>
>
Oleg Chernavin 11/17/2003 09:34 am
I am sorry, but what was the problem?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
mo 11/17/2003 11:17 am
Hello Oleg,

I thought I spelled that out. I could not find the downloaded files...I dont download to browse, I download to burn to CD.

I had changed what I thought was the download location in the Options download location and yet the files were not there. They were downloaded to the location indicated in the properties file of a higher level directory, which had been picked up from an earlier configuration file I guess. How is it that it can find this information, but not my registration code?

The second issue is that it seems to take as long to download with just adding revised files as it does to download the whole site completely.
Oleg Chernavin 11/18/2003 07:25 am
> I had changed what I thought was the download location in the Options download location and yet the files were not there. They were downloaded to the location indicated in the properties file of a higher level directory, which had been picked up from an earlier configuration file I guess. How is it that it can find this information, but not my registration code?

Registration code is being kept in the Windows Registry, which is erased when you make a clean installation of your system. All your Projects and Folder settings are in webdown.dat file, so it is preserved unless you erase all your disk contents. So, Folder settings were kept since your previous Offline Explorer Pro installation.

> The second issue is that it seems to take as long to download with just adding revised files as it does to download the whole site completely.

Some sites always report all their files as new or changed. I would suggest you to check "Check file size" and "Skip existing Media files" boxes in the Project Properties dialog.

Oleg.
mo 11/19/2003 03:29 pm
Thanks O!

> > I had changed what I thought was the download location in the Options download location and yet the files were not there. They were downloaded to the location indicated in the properties file of a higher level directory, which had been picked up from an earlier configuration file I guess. How is it that it can find this information, but not my registration code?
>
> Registration code is being kept in the Windows Registry, which is erased when you make a clean installation of your system. All your Projects and Folder settings are in webdown.dat file, so it is preserved unless you erase all your disk contents. So, Folder settings were kept since your previous Offline Explorer Pro installation.
>
> > The second issue is that it seems to take as long to download with just adding revised files as it does to download the whole site completely.
>
> Some sites always report all their files as new or changed. I would suggest you to check "Check file size" and "Skip existing Media files" boxes in the Project Properties dialog.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 11/20/2003 07:37 am
You are welcome!

Oleg.