SMIL Presentations still have problems.

Veblin 11/14/2003 09:37 pm
There are still problems downloading SMIL presentations.
Here are a couple of examples.

rtsp://rx-lvl3-wa77.rbn.com/chase/chase/g2demand/2003-1007/main.smil
The files are all downloaded and placed in the correct folders, But the two .rp files that are downloaded are corrupt.

rtsp://139.78.100.117:554/fma/2002/french/trainer.smi
The files are all downloaded and placed in the correct folder, But the .rp file and .rt file that are downloaded are corrupt.

I have found these problems many other times as well.
OEP-OEE seem to do a good job of parsing the .smil files in most cases and downloading the correct files to the correct folders but in many cases there are problems with the .rp and .rt files that are downloaded. I often have to download those files with other software and replace the files downloaded by your program.

There is also often a problem playing the .smil presentation from the Map and the files must be played from the download directory.
Oleg Chernavin 11/17/2003 06:35 am
Hello,

Can you please tell me, which program loads .rp and .rt files properly? Some time ago I tried most of available applications, but none was able to do that.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Veblin 11/18/2003 12:11 am
Presentation:
rtsp://rx-lvl3-wa77.rbn.com/chase/chase/g2demand/2003-1007/main.smil

rtsp://rx-lvl3-wa77.rbn.com/chase/chase/g2demand/2003-1007/assets/main/bg.rp
This is the background picture for the presentation. It fades in playing for 5 seconds and remains.
OEP-OEE gets a file that does not play.
Stream Down 3.0 gets a file that plays 5 seconds, but there is no background picture. Change extension from .ram to .rp
StreamBox VCR v1.0 beta 3.1 SMF+turbo gets a file that does not play. Change extension from .rm to .rp
It does not seem to matter if this file plays or not. In all cases there is no background picture for the downloaded presentation.
Since the file downloaded by Stream Down 3.0 does play for 5 seconds that is the one I use.

rtsp://rx-lvl3-wa77.rbn.com/chase/chase/g2demand/2003-1007/assets/main/intro.rp
This is the slides for the presentation. It plays for 1:19:37. There are only slides for the first 30:50
OEP-OEE gets a file that does not play. Just shows Loading.
Stream Down 3.0 gets a file that plays for 1:19:37, but there are no slides. Change extension from .ram to .rp
StreamBox VCR v1.0 beta 3.1 SMF+turbo gets a file that plays for 30:50 with slides. Change extension from .rm to .rp
Since the file downloaded by StreamBox VCR is the only one that plays with the slides, even though the play time is shorter, that is the one I use.

The Presentation will not play from the map but will play from the download directory.

Presentation:
rtsp://139.78.100.117:554/fma/2002/french/trainer.smi

rtsp://139.78.100.117/fma/2002/french/trainer_pix.rp
This is the slides for the presentation. It plays for 35:50.
OEP-OEE gets a file that does not play. Just shows Loading.
Stream Down 3.0 gets a file that plays for 35:50, but there are no slides. Change extension from .ram to .rp
StreamBox VCR v1.0 beta 3.1 SMF+turbo gets a file that plays for 35:48 with slides. Change extension from .rm to .rp
Since the file downloaded by StreamBox VCR is the only one that plays with the slides, even though the play time 2 seconds shorter, that is the one I use.

rtsp://139.78.100.117/fma/2002/french/trainer_toc0.rt
This is hypertext links for the presentation. It plays for 1:00. White text and blue links on black background.
OEP-OEE gets a file that plays for 1:00. It only shows about 1/4 of the links and only blue links on white background.
Stream Down 3.0 gets a file that does not play. Change extension from .ram to .rt
StreamBox VCR v1.0 beta 3.1 SMF+turbo gets the complete file that plays for 1:00 and looks just like the stream. HTTP Protocol must be used for downloading. Change extension from .rm to .rt
Since the file downloaded by StreamBox VCR is the only one that plays like the original stream, that is the one I use.

The Presentation will not play from the map but will play from the download directory.

HiDownload 4.03 could not download any .rp or .rt files.
Net Transport 1.53 either downloaded .rp or .rt files that would crash RealOne Player or would start downloading and never stop.
Oleg Chernavin 11/18/2003 10:06 am
Thank you for the research! I made several changes and now all of these files should load and play well. Please try the updated version:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/oep1347.zip

Oleg.
Veblin 11/29/2003 10:57 pm
I just got a chance to test the changes you made with the two SMIL presentations above. They seem to work well now.

Here are a couple of other presentations.

http://www.abc.net.au/broadbandrc/ram/hifi.ram
http://www.abc.net.au/broadbandrc/20031118_rc/hi.smil

http://www.abc.net.au/broadbandnews/ram/news.ram
http://www.abc.net.au/broadbandnews/20031130_800/news.smil

In both cases none of the Real Text files are downloaded.
Oleg Chernavin 12/04/2003 11:00 am
Thank you! Just added some improvements to OE Pro, so these links will be now supported.

Oleg.