UpdateData for messages->Panel window

Gunnar 11/10/2003 10:03 pm
Seems to be only updated when a new download is started, not "on the click and fly", for example when doing a 1 hour, 500MB file.

That is, the column selection of seconds, % loaded, K-MBytes,etc.

Oleg Chernavin 11/12/2003 02:24 pm
Yes, it is so. We didn`t consider it to be a fast operation because it is rarely used. Do you really need fast updates?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Gunnar 11/15/2003 02:48 am
Yes, I would need it, I am dowloading (only) 100-200MByte rm-files (C-SPAN, 0.5-1 hour news at 100-250kbps)

That is, if dowloading 2-3 at the same time it takes 1-2-3 hours, and the columns does change when clicking.

However, there are of course more important things, just thought I would comment.

Gunnar

PS I am havng some weird problems, but need to figure out how and when. However, all seem to have to do with ques with multiple, appr 100MB files.

The INDX table at the end is often missing, in the wrong position or just empty, and sometimes two different files, consecutively in the same file.
At the moment OE-P gets stuck on starting one project with one such file, sits there and and uses 100% CPU time, cannot move the OE-P windows, nor do they get repainted, except frames.
No disk-activity, other applications work ok.

> Yes, it is so. We didn`t consider it to be a fast operation because it is rarely used. Do you really need fast updates?
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 11/15/2003 04:36 pm
OK. I will make that Panel messages change when I have time. Now I am really busy with the 3.0 version development.

Please let me know how this problem with INDX section can be reproduced and if it happens only when you load multiple .rm files.

Thank you!

Oleg.