One rm-file-feature I miss, from StreamBox

Gunnar 11/08/2003 10:28 pm
One rm-file-feature I miss, from StreamBox, is the ability to start a rtsp-rm-download as well as listnening to it while it is still downloading but not yet fully downloaded.

The bliss-happyness with this feature is, I think, fairly important for those who use OE-Pro to keep updated as well as fully archived on larger rm-files having to do with the latest news in the world, sometimes as soon as the files are posted, and often to re-listen to the news later on (without using personal bandwith to both listen, watch, and then once again for the same stuff, to archive)

Ouch, OE-Pro is great!!
Oleg Chernavin 11/09/2003 05:14 pm
Thank ou for the idea. Does it create a copy of the file it downloads? If you would start listening the file that is being still downloaded, RealPlayer will not allow to do that, because the file should be correctly closed with all sections containing correct data in the Header and Index. So, the only way is to copy the part that was already loaded to some other place, close the copied file and start listening it. Is it so in StreamBox?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff