OE shuts down when loading saved site from file

QuantumShadow 09/30/2003 03:26 am
Hi, in version 2.9 I am experiencing strange behavior when loading site previously saved to a file:
as soon as OE finishes loading, it just shuts down. I tried it repeatedly several times, I also saved the site to different files it was the same. Do u know anything about it?
Thanks,
QuantumShadow
Oleg Chernavin 09/30/2003 07:52 am
There is a feature to quit Offline Explorer once the download finishes - you can see if it is turned on in the Options dialog | Disconnect & Exit category.

Is this suggestion helpful?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
QuantumShadow 09/30/2003 03:21 pm
They r turned off, and moreover the download doesn`t even start,
it shuts down during load of the saved project or sometimes it shuts down during download
althoug there is a lot files in queue, it looks like an exception.
do u have some error.log that i can enable?

> There is a feature to quit Offline Explorer once the download finishes - you can see if it is turned on in the Options dialog | Disconnect & Exit category.
>
> Is this suggestion helpful?
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MetaProducts corp.

Oleg Chernavin 10/01/2003 07:07 am
Can you try to set 2 seconds delay between downloads in the Options dialog? Would this make downloads stable?

Oleg.
10/06/2003 05:02 pm
It`s not connected with downloads time, becasue it mainly happens during load of suspended project from file.
I noticed that it happens ONLY when i:
1. suspend to a file
2. resume from this file and continue some more downloading
3. stop the project
4. try to resume again from the point i saved in 1.
5. OE shuts down
my setting set to: do not download existing files.
maybe it has something to do with existing files?
cause it only happens when i resume from some point which i have already passed in my download, so OE have to skip some files, instead it fails.

> Can you try to set 2 seconds delay between downloads in the Options dialog? Would this make downloads stable?
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 10/07/2003 07:37 am
I just tried to reproduce this behavior several times, but OE worked well. Can you please try the updated version of Offline Explorer Pro:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/oep1315.zip

Please unzip the file and replace the older oe.exe file with the new one.

Please let me know how it works.

Thank you.

Oleg.
QuantumShadow 10/11/2003 04:14 am
I tryed with the same result, so we have two options:
i can send u my saved project files or u can send me some version of OE that has a debug output to a log file or maybe to debugview program.

> I just tried to reproduce this behavior several times, but OE worked well. Can you please try the updated version of Offline Explorer Pro:
>
> http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/oep1315.zip
>
> Please unzip the file and replace the older oe.exe file with the new one.
>
> Please let me know how it works.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 10/11/2003 02:29 pm
Please start OE from the command-line parameter this way:

oe.exe /log=c:\oe.log

This may give me some info on what goes on. At least, I will know, whether OE fails after it starts loading files or during the resume from file process.

Thank you.

Oleg.
QuantumShadow 10/17/2003 04:19 am
I used this switch and in normal behaviour the log indeed generates,
but in the "shut down" OE exits before log file was created,
i think it`s because log file created only when download starts so in this case download is not even started.
any ideas?

> Please start OE from the command-line parameter this way:
>
> oe.exe /log=c:\oe.log
>
> This may give me some info on what goes on. At least, I will know, whether OE fails after it starts loading files or during the resume from file process.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Oleg.
QuantumShadow 10/17/2003 04:19 am
I used this switch and in normal behaviour the log indeed generates,
but in the "shut down" OE exits before log file was created,
i think it`s because log file created only when download starts so in this case download is not even started.
any ideas?

> Please start OE from the command-line parameter this way:
>
> oe.exe /log=c:\oe.log
>
> This may give me some info on what goes on. At least, I will know, whether OE fails after it starts loading files or during the resume from file process.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 11/27/2003 04:12 pm
Perhaps, I have some results with this problem. Can I ask you to write me directly to support@metaproducts.com ?

Thank you.

Oleg.