Script support in explorer pro

Dave 09/18/2003 10:39 pm
Although it says in explorer Pro help that one can add scripted link support in project - advanced settings, I do not seem to have this option available. Is this because I am on a trial version? If and when I can get javascript links followed - whats the best way to filter so that the ONLY link followed on the page is one specific javascript link?

Regards,
Dave
Oleg Chernavin 09/19/2003 02:29 pm
Dear Dave,

Yes, we removed that checkbox from 2.9 version, because it is useless for most people and only clatters the dialog. Java scripts support is still in Offline Explorer and it is enabled by default.

If you want to disable processing scripts, you can add the following line after the Project URL:

Additional=DisableScripts

To follow particular links on a page, please use the Project Properties dialog | URL Filters | Filename section. You can select the Custom configuration and add the desired link(s) keyword to the Included list.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
Dave 09/19/2003 11:51 pm
Hi Oleg
Thanks for the reply....... So, how does the filename keyword work when its a javascript link? I need to follow the link "javascript:submitFast(`3`,`V5`,`streck`,``,`null`,`null`);".............. can I use the keyword javascript, or one of the parameter names, ie streck....... or do i have to find the function and find the actaul filename to follow the link?

Regards,
Dave
Oleg Chernavin 09/24/2003 07:31 am
Dave,

Can you please tell me the page URL with such links? We are working on a code that will supports more scripts than in previous versions and there is a chance that such function calls could be loaded.

Oleg.
Dave 09/29/2003 08:38 am
Hi Oleg,
the URL is dynamic and changes every day with a date in the get string. The starting URL is http://www.atg.se/KalenderServlet
From here I want to select one of the links at the top of the page in the Spel column for todays date. e.g V5()
This opens a dynamic page for today. Then on this page is the problem link - Streckfordelning - in white on grey background. This link is a javascript:function() call. I only need to follow this link everyday and then go down one level to open up all the pages listed here.

Does this make sense?

Regards,
Dave
Oleg Chernavin 09/30/2003 05:00 am
I would suggest you to use URL Macros to get the desired pages. Here what I did - I entered the page with such links in OE`s Internal browser and hold down Ctrl-Alt keys while clicking on the link.

What I get on the "7" link:

http://www.atg.se/StartlistServlet
POST=datum=20030930&bankod=J&spelform=V5&lopp=3&avdnr=1&spelmarkeringar=&sub_view=&tillopp=7&tillspelform=V5&sort=&startlista=null&proposition=null&vidare=
IgnoreLogOutLinks
Referer=http://www.atg.se/StartlistServlet?datum=20030930&bankod=J&spelform=V5
SetCookie=testCookie=1

I would change the POST= line this way:
POST=datum={:longyear}{:0month}{:0day}&bankod=J&spelform=V5&lopp=3&avdnr=1&spelmarkeringar=&sub_view=&tillopp={:1..10}&tillspelform=V5&sort=&startlista=null&proposition=null&vidare=

The above page will load all 10 links for the current day.

Would that help?

Oleg.
Dave 10/01/2003 12:58 am
Oleg,
thanks, thats the kind of thing I needed. I will have a play and see if I have more questions :)

Dave
Oleg Chernavin 10/01/2003 03:15 am
OK. Good.

Oleg.