Moving a project to another computer

Gil Tayar 09/17/2003 12:10 pm
How can I move an existing project to another computer, in another folder? (let`s say I want to move project settings _and_ downloaded files, or maybe just project settings)
K.lopps 09/17/2003 03:14 pm
> How can I move an existing project to another computer, in another folder? (let`s say I want to move project settings _and_ downloaded files, or maybe just project settings)

to copy just the project settings: mark the project and press CTRL+C. this copies the project settings into the clipboard.
create an empty textfile -> press CTRL+V -> save the file -> copy the file to the other Computer.

on the other computer: -> open the textfile -> select all text -> press CTRL+C -> go into Offline Explorer -> press CTRL+V -> OE creates the project you copied.

copying the files and databases is not that easy i think (i would even say not possible, but i am not shure)
Oleg Chernavin 09/19/2003 02:36 pm
Thank you for helping me!

To transfer all Projects with loaded files, please use Tools | Backup feature. To restore on another computer - Tools | Restore.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
Marcin Ciszewicz 02/03/2004 02:20 am
> Thank you for helping me!
>
> To transfer all Projects with loaded files, please use Tools | Backup feature. To restore on another computer - Tools | Restore.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MetaProducts corp.

Perhaps, yet there is a small problem I have noticed when using Backup/Restore feature, at least in the shareware version I am using now (maybe I should get a later build). Backing up and restoring a project forces OE to download all files, not just modified ones. For me, a deprived-of-cable-connection person, it is, as you can imagine, a major glitch. Is there a way to counter this problem? After each Windows reinstall, I have to download everything I have and it is getting tedious.
Marcin Ciszewicz 02/03/2004 02:30 am
One more thing. I have TRIED to follow Oleg`s advice on copying all *map and webdown.dat files. Does not work for me. OE still behaves like they were not there.
Oleg Chernavin 02/03/2004 03:44 am
All downloaded Web sites should be in the directory which OE has in the Options dialog | File Locations section - Download directory.

Oleg.