Can OE download this "protected" site?

anthony queen 09/06/2003 08:30 pm
mathworld.com is a great reference site. The author however was sued by a publisher for giving away the contents of what was one of their dictionaries. As a result of the dispute, now the site have made restrictions to prevent large downloads. One cannot visit more than 10% of the site in one go, nor he or she can download with capture software its web pages. The site will recognize only Standard browsers, while rejects any other sniffing software (I tried Acrobat capture).
I saw that OE has the future of being recognised as Internet Explorer. Is it possible therefore to downoload this site and how I can do it a bit of the time, so to prevent of violating the 10% visit limit set for each day?

Thanks
Oleg Chernavin 09/08/2003 02:34 am
It is possible to make Offline Explorer to act as MS IE - in the Options dialog - User Agent Identification setting. It is MS IE 6.0 by default.

Regarding 10% limitation - I don`t know how many pages are on the site, but if you know that, say, there are 10,000 pages, then you can setup Offline Explorer to load no more than 1,000 pages in the Project Properties dialog | Advanced section. There are limits by number of files, downloaded files size and download time.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.