Parsing problems

Ronnie 08/31/2003 07:11 pm
I am having the same problem as a lot of others seem to be having downloading with OE. I absolutely can`t download a thing. It just sits there and stares at me! Hmmm $50.00. Very disapointing program.
Oleg Chernavin 09/01/2003 06:38 am
Dear Ronnie,

Can you tell me what exactly happens - does it show any messages, etc.? Do you have enough free disk space?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
09/01/2003 08:43 am
> Dear Ronnie,
>
> Can you tell me what exactly happens - does it show any messages, etc.? Do you have enough free disk space?
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MetaProducts corp.

I am using XP Pro. 320gb hard disk. DSL connection.
When I add projects to download ( have it set to 10). I click on the download button, and it will take about 30 min to download 10 jpgs, if it even downloads them all!
Under status it seems to hang on connecting to host, and without fail the connection will time out. I have tried playing with all of the setting etc.. nothing seems to work.
Oleg Chernavin 09/02/2003 04:49 am
There is a setting that can help in such cases. Please open the Options dialog | Proxy | HTTP section. Select HTTP Proxy on top, make Address field empty and check the NTLM box below. Now click OK button and try to download files again. Does this help?

Oleg.
Ronnie 09/02/2003 04:11 pm
> There is a setting that can help in such cases. Please open the Options dialog | Proxy | HTTP section. Select HTTP Proxy on top, make Address field empty and check the NTLM box below. Now click OK button and try to download files again. Does this help?
>
> Oleg.

That seemed to have fixed it. What happened this program worked before without doing that?
Oleg Chernavin 09/03/2003 12:37 am
Perhaps your Internet connection settings have changed on your computer. This trick starts using MS IE downloading code to solve compatibility problems.

Oleg.