Pages linked be form fields

Fred T. 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Hi Oleg,

I understand the mechanism of OEP is to retrieve the page, parse the links and continue to retrieve the linked pages. By this way, it is impossible to get any pages linked only by HTML form fields, e.g. search results, dictionary word definitions etc.

Imagin I need to get the word definition from dictionary.com for a hundred words. How can I download those pages with OEP? Is it possible for OEP to take a predefined list of keywords as input and simulate the input process to supply one word at a time to the form and get the linked page?

I know that it is not an available feature. But is it possible to consider to include it in your later releases?

Thanks for your time.

Frederick
Fred T. 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Sorry there was a typo in the subject. Just correcting that.
> Hi Oleg,
>
> I understand the mechanism of OEP is to retrieve the page, parse the links and continue to retrieve the linked pages. By this way, it is impossible to get any pages linked only by HTML form fields, e.g. search results, dictionary word definitions etc.
>
> Imagin I need to get the word definition from dictionary.com for a hundred words. How can I download those pages with OEP? Is it possible for OEP to take a predefined list of keywords as input and simulate the input process to supply one word at a time to the form and get the linked page?
>
> I know that it is not an available feature. But is it possible to consider to include it in your later releases?
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Frederick
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Frederick,

It is possible using URL Macros. You can browse to the page with HTML form in OE`s Internal browser. Enter some word to search there, hold down Ctrl+Alt keys on keyboard and submit the form. Offline Explorer Pro will intercept the form data and create a Project to submit the form automatically and download the results. URL Macros allow you to replace certain part of the URL or POST request (form data) with some other value or values, if it is an enumeration macro. For example, you may use {:word1,word2,word3} macro to make a download of 3 different requests.

So, this should help you. If not, or you want to enhance this somehow, let me know.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.