How to play .rm file after download

Spinnerhead 03/29/2006 07:02 am
After d`loading an rtsp stream (all 347 MB), I cannot determine where the file is on my hard drive in order to play it.

I notice that there is a download folder on my C drive that contains what appears to be a binary copy of the file with a .primary extension. Am I supposed to change the extension to ".rm" and play the file? If so, I made a copy of it and did just that but real player says that it needs to download new software to play the clip, then it cannot find the appropriate software.

Please help!!!
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:02 am
There should be no .primary copy of the file. There should be a normal .rm file. Can you please select that Project and click Map tab to see all files that were loaded by the Project - is there a real .rm file? If this doesn`t help, please let me know the URL you were downloading.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
Gana 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Whenever I click songs downloaded from www.andhravilas.com and try to play it gives an error saying additional Software required to play the songs...
I have the Real Player 10 Gold
Do the needful...
Thanks
I am sorry for the late answer. Can you please tell me the link (URL) of the streaming files you are loading?

Oleg.
Ray 03/29/2006 07:02 am
> Whenever I click songs downloaded from www.andhravilas.com and try to play it gives an error saying additional Software required to play the songs...
> I have the Real Player 10 Gold
> Do the needful...
> Thanks
>

I had a similar problem with video clips. Oleg told me that the problem was that it was invoked via a .ram file and that this forced you to be online. So, try two things. First, try just being online when you access your offline project and see if that solves the problem. If not, go to the download directory and access the file directly. So on my .rm files, I could import them into RealPlayer and play them from there just fine, while offline; and I can play them by double clicking on them from Explorer window.

I do have some video clips I`ve downloaded recently that I can access just fine from the OEP internal browser, even when offline and even though there`s a .ram file involved. I don`t know if there`s something different about these clips or if the latest OEP has some change.

Ray
There are no changes in the latest Offline Explorer Pro regarding viewing .ram files.

You only need to have the Internal Web server enabled. The server redirects the browser to the real .rm or .ra file automatically.

Oleg.