Unable to use "Find contents" with one specific site

Giovan 03/29/2006 07:02 am
It appears the New York Post website (http://www.nypost.com/) is resistant to the Edit --> Find contents command. This happens on every page from that website. Browsing works just fine, but Find contents doesn`t work. I`m no html wiz, but I think it has something to do with some scripts near the top of the source code.

I`m using 2.8.1220, and no other site seems to have this problem. Is there any way to fix this.

Thank you.
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Giovan,

Thank you for finding this. We will work to improve the search code. I hope I will have fixed version in few days.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
Giovan,

We just fixed the problem. Do you need the updated version now?

Oleg.
Giovan 03/29/2006 07:02 am
I was looking for pretty much the same thing michael mcghee was looking for to download news sites, but I was also looking for a program that I could use to search for specific celebrities or things of interest within particular pages of sites which don`t have an internal search engine or aren`t indexed on Google News (like the Post), which the "Find Contents" allows.

I`ve been searching for a program like this on and off for about for a year now, so I don`t need it immediately. But it would be nice to try it out.

Thanks.
OK. Can you please write us directly to: support@metaproducts.com ?

I have a version that you can test - whether it fits your needs.

Oleg.