FORM POST Option (Username/Password)

I LUV OE 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Hey, there--

The product is great! Awesome work.

Question: When using the FORM submit method for Username/Password... how does it now what FORM fields to use? The form I want to submit to does not actually use the field name "Username" or "Password" for the fields. Is this customizable? (Say to submit forms that are not just authentication schemes). Any more info on using FORM POST`s would be great!

L8r!
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Thank you for asking.

There are several ways to recognize which fields are responsible for the username and password. However this may fail on some forms. To make sure that it works 100%, please use another way - browse to the logon form in Offline Explorer Pro`s Internal browser, fill its parameters (username, password, etc.) and hold down Ctrl-Alt keys when submitting the form. Offline Explorer Pro will record the form parameters and create a new Project for you.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
GregF 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Cool this is my chance for a feature request. Some really savvy sites have both form and cgi/java password entry, specifically to stop apps like this one. Can you change that so that can be both, not either/or?

> Thank you for asking.
>
> There are several ways to recognize which fields are responsible for the username and password. However this may fail on some forms. To make sure that it works 100%, please use another way - browse to the logon form in Offline Explorer Pro`s Internal browser, fill its parameters (username, password, etc.) and hold down Ctrl-Alt keys when submitting the form. Offline Explorer Pro will record the form parameters and create a new Project for you.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MetaProducts corp.
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:01 am
I will try. :-)

Oleg.