Downloading files from galleries

JustMe 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Here`s my problem:

I`m trying to find a way of downloading files from galleries without having OE to parse dozens and dozens of unneeded html files.

Here`s the situation:
I have a html page which has loads of links which open a new window which has the links to the files that I want to download. Unfortunately at this first page there are also lots of links to other gallery pages at other sites. And also the pages that open which contains the files that I want have has also links to other sites which I don`t want to be parsed or even downloaded any way. Now all these new sites are also parsed and what I`ll get is over 10000 html pages parsed which I don`t do anything with. This I get with level restricted to 2. If I set it to 1, no files that I want are downloaded at all.. (Obviously ;P )

So what I want EO to do for me is 1) parse the first html page and follow the links 2) on the second page, parse the html and only follow to links which leads to the file types I`ve specified and download them.

Also many of these opening windows which contain the files that I want, links to the same pages. Any way to prevent duplicate urls to be parsed?

Any help?? In general, I love OE! :) Thanks in advance!
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:01 am
What kind of file types do you want on Level=2?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin.
Practically any type: .zip .exe .avi .wav .mp3 or what ever.. Does it really matter..?

If I have a gallery of images, I want the images on the next page. If I have a gallery of videos I want the videos on the next page. If I have a gallery of zipped files, I want the .zip (or any other achive format) files on the next page. And so on...

AND in case of the images, I don`t want the images that are visible on the page, but the ones that are behind a click of a link (thumbnail or plain text link, nor I want the thumbnails..)

Can you see where I`m getting at.. ?

Thanks.

> What kind of file types do you want on Level=2?
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin.
Yes, I see. But I don`t have a good approach here yet. Maybe you would allow Level=2 and filter only desired HTML files?

Oleg.
Well I would, but there are like a hundred of them.. If I could just allow level 1 for html files and level 2 for the files I want, that should do the trick... Well, I`ll manage without this.. Parsing just takes like forever, even with LAN.. And eventually like 20 html files stay at eternal loop of some kind.. It`s not like I don`t have the time so I`ll manage :)

> Yes, I see. But I don`t have a good approach here yet. Maybe you would allow Level=2 and filter only desired HTML files?
>
> Oleg.
I will now write you directly via E-mail.

Oleg.