rather: some asking about features

Author Message
John 03/29/2006 07:01 am
As I listen to OE pro, as it works: some features could be useful...

1. When setting up to not download existing files that could be fine, when OE still parse existing php, htm*, etc files about followable links. Because when I stop downloading, the whole queue goes to the bin. So the parsed links lost! If this work, I think no suspend to file will be needed (well, that`s slow a little bit)

2. Manual setting of privileges beetween filters (file,URL and inside them ?)

3. Configurable sites in case of: A site sits on two servers: a webserver and a fileserver. Webserver is could be browsing normally, but fileserver has a limitation to download only one file at a time, otherwise downloading form that site is locked.

Maybe usefull. I try to help, because I like this pro!

Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Dear John,

Sorry for a late answer.

1. Probably I don`t understand you. Do you mean that when you start download and change Project setting on-the-fly something happens?

2. There is no need to have priviledges for URL Filters, File Filters, etc. There is a simple rule to detect if some URL can be loaded or not - if any Project setting disallows it, the URL will be not loaded, otherwise, it will go to the Queue.

3. We plan to improve Queue in 3.0 version. We want to allow Projects to have their own queues to load files in parallel with other Projects. It should be possible to assign limited number of connection to each Project.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
John 03/29/2006 07:01 am
> Dear John,
>
> Sorry for a late answer.
>
> 1. Probably I don`t understand you. Do you mean that when you start download and change Project setting on-the-fly something happens?

Sorry for my bad english, it is not easy to mention here what I really think about.
Let me try it explain an other way:
So I started to downloading a site. There are a lot of files what have url links inside. At first time OEpro collect these links out of these files (ec. php, asp, html, htm). However I stopped that downloading process, so the queue list deleted.
Here`s my problem. When I start downloading that site again (not created new just using the old project), the files within url links (php, html, asp) not downloaded again. But there could be some file links in these files, what even listed in the queue before.
>
> 2. There is no need to have priviledges for URL Filters, File Filters, etc. There is a simple rule to detect if some URL can be loaded or not - if any Project setting disallows it, the URL will be not loaded, otherwise, it will go to the Queue.
>
Ok, I mean how to decide what to examine first? The "file filters" or "url filters". I think this could be important.

> 3. We plan to improve Queue in 3.0 version. We want to allow Projects to have their own queues to load files in parallel with other Projects. It should be possible to assign limited number of connection to each Project.
>
What if, I`d like to limit the threads per server in one project?
A lot of site structured like I mentioned below (Unlimited browsing threads, but file downloading limited to one thread only).

Thank you for your answers.


> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MetaProducts corp.
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:01 am
1. I think we fixed it just recently. Another user reported that on the second download Offline Explorer was adding less links to the Queue. Can you please download the following update:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/oep1094.zip

Let me know if it still has the problem or not.

2. File Filters are being processed first, then - URL Filters. Later OE determines Level and then Advanced limits take effect.

3. I plan to make a limit of threads per Project. In most cases a Project downloads one site.

Oleg.
John 03/29/2006 07:01 am
> 1. I think we fixed it just recently. Another user reported that on the second download Offline Explorer was adding less links to the Queue. Can you please download the following update:
>
> http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/oep1094.zip
>
> Let me know if it still has the problem or not.
>

OK, thank you. I`ll try it and wirte here the results.

> 2. File Filters are being processed first, then - URL Filters. Later OE determines Level and then Advanced limits take effect.
>
I`m really sorry for disturbing you. In time I`ve just solved this problem. I set up those filters wrongly.
Sorry.

> 3. I plan to make a limit of threads per Project. In most cases a Project downloads one site.

Ok, the project is loading only from one site, but the real downloadable files are on different server what has a limitation. This is a solution for saving the browsing bandwith. To see it, please http://visit the-underdogs.org (abandoned games store)
Recently I`ve seen an other site called www.funpic.hu, what use the same structure: downloadable files are on different server, so downloading do not slow the browsing interface.
http://uw.hu works with the same.

Thank you for your help.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:01 am
> I`m really sorry for disturbing you. In time I`ve just solved this problem. I set up those filters wrongly.
> Sorry.

No problem at all!

> > 3. I plan to make a limit of threads per Project. In most cases a Project downloads one site.
>
> Ok, the project is loading only from one site, but the real downloadable files are on different server what has a limitation. This is a solution for saving the browsing bandwith. To see it, please http://visit the-underdogs.org (abandoned games store)
> Recently I`ve seen an other site called www.funpic.hu, what use the same structure: downloadable files are on different server, so downloading do not slow the browsing interface.
> http://uw.hu works with the same.

I see. I will think about it. Right now I am not sure if I will be able to add such server limitation, but I will try.

> Thank you for your help.

You are welcome!

Oleg.