Restore Projects prior to power Outtage.

Cid 03/29/2006 07:01 am
I hope this another real easy one. My system crashed last night due to a power outatage. When I turned my computer again and started OE all of my projects were shown and I started downloading as if nothing happen. The system crashed again and now I don`t see any projects just a default folder, it appears as everything was lost the 2nd time even the template How do I restore the projects just like when I turned on the computer the first time? I saved the changes many times in the past if that helps. Thanks in advance.
> I hope this another real easy one. My system crashed last night due to a power outatage. When I turned my computer again and started OE all of my projects were shown and I started downloading as if nothing happen. The system crashed again and now I don`t see any projects just a default folder, it appears as everything was lost the 2nd time even the template How do I restore the projects just like when I turned on the computer the first time? I saved the changes many times in the past if that helps. Thanks in advance.

P.S. many .map files are shown in the OEP folder directory and the default directory under options is pointing toward the OEP folder.
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:01 am
First please run Windows Explorer and go to the folder where Offline Explorer is installed. Find all webdown.* files and copy them to some other directory. Now choose one of them which has the maximum size and the most recent date, rename it to webdown.dat and copy to the Offline Explorer directory back. Now start Offline Explorer and see if your Projects are restored.

The new 2.6 Service Release 1 will make even more backups, which will be kept during a week to overcome problems from such system crashes better.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
> First please run Windows Explorer and go to the folder where Offline Explorer is installed. Find all webdown.* files and copy them to some other directory. Now choose one of them which has the maximum size and the most recent date, rename it to webdown.dat and copy to the Offline Explorer directory back. Now start Offline Explorer and see if your Projects are restored.
>
> The new 2.6 Service Release 1 will make even more backups, which will be kept during a week to overcome problems from such system crashes better.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin

Thanks, it worked like a charm.
> MetaProducts corp.
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Great!

Oleg.