Online/Offline translation

Michael 03/29/2006 07:00 am
I`m wondering if it is possible to have a new link translation technique -
what I need is a way to have the file stored locally, but ALL images and links to be translated to the ONLINE translation.

in other words - a local file that will contain aboslute links to all external "elements" (i.e - all <A HREF tags will be pointed to absolute URLS, all images will be translated to their ONLINE location, all external Javascripts (i.e - <SCRIPT SRC="../src/popup.js"> will be translated to <SCRIPT SRC="http://www.cnn.com/src/popup.js"> - is it possible?

Thanks,

michael.
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Yes, it is easy to do now. Online links translation means that all links that Offline Explorer doesn`t download will be made online - http://www.server.com/dir/...

So, if you want the page to be loaded with all links on it made external, simply select Online links translation and uncheck all File Filters. Set Level to 0 and select "Load from the starting filename/server/directory" in the URL Filters section.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
03/29/2006 07:00 am
I don`t understand the filter you selected. what difference does it make to the Link Translation?

> Yes, it is easy to do now. Online links translation means that all links that Offline Explorer doesn`t download will be made online - http://www.server.com/dir/...
>
> So, if you want the page to be loaded with all links on it made external, simply select Online links translation and uncheck all File Filters. Set Level to 0 and select "Load from the starting filename/server/directory" in the URL Filters section.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MetaProducts corp.
It is simple - you need to load only the starting page. Thus, Level=0 is necessary here. But Level=0 will load the page and all elements on it - Java scripts, images, etc. So, uncheckng File Filters | Images, User Defined, etc. is necessary here. URL Filters is not that necessary to set.

Oleg.
No, you misunderstood me.
I want to have ALL of the pages on the site downloaded to my computer AND all of the images downloaded, but the page to reffer to external links and images (although all elements (pages/images) was downloaded locally as well.

POssible?

Michael.

> It is simple - you need to load only the starting page. Thus, Level=0 is necessary here. But Level=0 will load the page and all elements on it - Java scripts, images, etc. So, uncheckng File Filters | Images, User Defined, etc. is necessary here. URL Filters is not that necessary to set.
>
> Oleg.
It is not possible right now, but it is not hard to do. I only do not see any sense here. Why it is necessary? I don`t think that other people would benefit from such feature. Adding it is easy, but this would be an extra control in Offline Explorer, which makes it more complex to use/understand.

Oleg.
Hi Oleg,

have you ever heard of "Cached Instance"? like Google? that`s what I thought of. I`m most instrested in the text, not the images.. but if they appear online - I want to see it.

If it`s not hard, maybe it is a good feature.

Michael.

> It is not possible right now, but it is not hard to do. I only do not see any sense here. Why it is necessary? I don`t think that other people would benefit from such feature. Adding it is easy, but this would be an extra control in Offline Explorer, which makes it more complex to use/understand.
>
> Oleg.
OK, but if you don`t need images, you can easily disable them all (uncheck the File Filters | Images category in the left tree) and using Online translation you will get online links to these images.

Oleg.