JavaScipt

Dave Stirling 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Just started working with Offline Explorer Pro yesterday. The site that I am working on uses the JavaScript `apPopupMenu` from www.apycom.com. In essence it allows for a Drop Down Menu system.

While in Offline Explorer Pro, it works perfectly. When I export the site to a CD/Hard Drive, and then bring it up in Internet Explorer, the JavaScript Menu doesn`t work. In IE, there is a grey box where it should be, and in Netscape there is nothing where it should be.

When I am frustrated is how wonderfully it works in Offline Explorer Pro, but doesn`t once exported.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Thank you for reporting this to us. I just fixed the problem. Please download the updated version here:
http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/oep987.zip

Please unzip the file and replace the old oe.exe file with the new one. I would recommend you to redownload the Project in the "Do not load existing files" mode and then you can export it.

The problem was related to links to Java classes located inside scripts.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
Hello Oleg

Sorry, but it didn`t work. The first time that it failed, I thought it might have been a problem with the site re-download, so I deleted the files, unistalled the program, re-installed it, put the new downloaded file replacing the old, download the files again from the site, burnt the CD, but still no-go. I actually think it is worse now for with the older version, I could view my 360 degree images (which also use Java - http://www.360dof.com/), but now they don`t work either.

Back to you :)

Dave

> Thank you for reporting this to us. I just fixed the problem. Please download the updated version here:
> http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/oep987.zip
>
> Please unzip the file and replace the old oe.exe file with the new one. I would recommend you to redownload the Project in the "Do not load existing files" mode and then you can export it.
>
> The problem was related to links to Java classes located inside scripts.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MetaProducts corp.
OK. Can you try to view the files after you made the export, but before they are burned to CD - from the hard disk - would they work?

Regarding 360 degrees - can you tell me some particular page with such image that you tried to load with the new version?

Oleg.
Hi Oleg

I tried from the hard drive - still nothing.

If you go to the following page, you will be able to see the 360 in action:

http://www.ozonelab.com/products/OLx/OL100/360view.htm

Thanks in advance.

Dave Stirling
I just downloaded the same page http://www.ozonelab.com/360/OL100/index.htm using 2.6 version and then 2.5 version. They gave exactly same results - the image was visible, but it was not rotating. Is this what you experience as well? Did your older 2.5 version make these 360 images rotating?

Oleg.
Hello Oleg

On that page, under the product OL100/Basic, there is an icon for 360 Product View. When you click on that, it brings up the 360 view - the link is javascript:popUp(`/360/OL100/index.htm`).

Now what was happening before you suggested the update, the first image of 16 loads (but the program only downloads 1 of 16 images, so provided I copy the extra 15 images over, it worked find. But once I installed the updated program file, it would no longer work.

I am more concerned with the JavaScript menu though. I could live with the 360 views not working, but without the menu system working, I`m dead in the water.

If you need an example of where the JavaScript Menu is, it is on every page, but the main page is http://www.ozonelab.com/index.htm

Thanks in advance.

Dave Stirling
Oleg

I`ve done some more testing on the Java Menu, and think I have located my specific problem.

When the actual page is loaded, it calls for 2 files from a specific directory. The two specific lines that I am talking about are:

<applet code="apPopupMenu.class" archive="/javamenu/apPopupMenu.jar" name="OzoneLabMenu" width="140" height="160" mayscript>

and

<param name="menuItemsFile" value="/javamenu/menuleft.txt">

Now when I browse the page in Offline Explorer Pro, as I`ve said before, it works perfectly. Once I export the site, the Java Menu stops working.

Offline Explorer Pro renames the above lines for the specific page I download as:

<applet code="apPopupMenu.class" archive="../javamenu/apPopupMenu.jar" name="OzoneLabMenu" width="140" height="160" mayscript>

and

<param name="menuItemsFile" value="../javamenu/menuleft.txt">

HOWEVER, if I move the two specific files into the same directory as the called for html page, change the calls for them as just:

<applet code="apPopupMenu.class" archive="apPopupMenu.jar" name="OzoneLabMenu" width="140" height="160" mayscript>

and

<param name="menuItemsFile" value="menuleft.txt">

and then download them into Offline Explorer Pro, export the site, it works like a charm.

Sorry for being long winded, but it appears that Offline Explorer Pro has problems finding the two files which are called for. I have checked and the program does download the called for directory(/javamenu), and the files are there.

I hope this helps.

Dave Stirling
Thank you very much for details. I am working on this now. I will let you once it is improved. Probably, this Monday.

Thanks again!

Oleg.
Hi Oleg

Having any luck?

Dave Stirling

> Thank you very much for details. I am working on this now. I will let you once it is improved. Probably, this Monday.
I dig here and I think, I understand why it doesn`t work now. It looks like java applets are not allowed to load any files from directory other than the current (calling) Web page. This is done for security reasons. Since Offline Explorer contains internal Web server, MS IE thinks that it works online and doesn`t represent any security threat. However when loading files directly from disk, it finds any disk accesses suspicious and blocks most of them.

The above was the first and main reason why I added Internal Web server to Offline Explorer - to allow Java classes to use files like online.

Sorry for the above, but there is a little I can do with it myself.

Oleg.