only saves small text "seed" file of real rtsp stream

Clavnox 03/29/2006 07:00 am
I have a question/concern. I`m trying to save .rm files from a particular site. Then only thing that OE Pro downloads is the small text seed file that contains the rtsp or pnm address. It doesn`t save the stream. Can someone help me figure out how to save the stream? Thanks!
03/29/2006 07:00 am
> I have a question/concern. I`m trying to save .rm files from a particular site. Then only thing that OE Pro downloads is the small text seed file that contains the rtsp or pnm address. It doesn`t save the stream.

I have had this happen and usually what the cause is - is that the stream isn`t an rtsp stream but an http one.
So if your url is rtsp://test.test.com:554/foobar.rm
try putting
http://test.test.com/foobar.rm into OE to download it.
It might just work.
Oleg Chernavin 03/29/2006 07:00 am
In most cases, simply allow downloading from all servers and directories as RTSP files inside usually reside on other servers.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
Clavnox 03/29/2006 07:00 am
those were both good suggestions, but neither of them worked. In fact, as I open up the small seed file in a text editor, it`s blank. I know that the links work because I can use them in real player.
Can you provide a link to such file to test?

Oleg Chernavin.
03/29/2006 07:00 am
> Can you provide a link to such file to test?
> > Oleg Chernavin.

I sent an email to your email support on this - I cannot post a link to a public forum because it is for a site in which I have paid for access. I`d be willing to work 1on1 with someone with the understanding that the link won`t be "passed around".
> > Can you provide a link to such file to test?
> > > Oleg Chernavin.
>
> I sent an email to your email support on this - I cannot post a link to a public forum because it is for a site in which I have paid for access. I`d be willing to work 1on1 with someone with the understanding that the link won`t be "passed around".

Yes, sure. Do not hesitate to write to our support. We gladly work with all E-mails.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin.