Florin Georgescu 07/09/2016 09:53 am
Hi Oleg
Please help me out with this project. I am trying to download all photos attached or linked externally in post from this forum address:

http://forum.skodahome.cz/forum/14-skoda-felicia/

I've used the template "Download forum topics and posts". I logged in using the browser of OE and remembered the login. After starting the project, OE runs for about 20 seconds and doesn't download anything. I am stuck. My concern is that there are Czech characters in the URL...

Could you give me some hints?
Thanks

PS
These are my settings:

Download from the following URL(s):
http://forum.skodahome.cz/forum/14-skoda-felicia/

Limit level to (unlimited)
Only file types: images, archives.
All protocols.
Download from starting server (and up to 1 links from other servers), all directories, all filenames.
Only with URL paths containing: 14-skoda-felicia
Only with URL filename containing: showthread.php, ^post.aspx, viewtopic.php, topic.cgi, showtopic=, ^read.php, ^forum_posts., forumdisplay.php, ^posts.aspx, viewforum.php, board.cgi, forum.cgi, showforum=, ^list.php, ^forum_topics.
Excluding URL filename containing: &p=[1-9], &mode=
Translate all links for offline browsing.
Parsing options: Check files integrity, Suppress Web site errors, Explore HTML Forms, Evaluate script calculations.
Oleg Chernavin 07/09/2016 09:10 pm
This forum uses a non-standard site engine. I would suggest you to change the Project settings. Remove all keywords in URL Filters - Filename section. Add the following Included filename keywords:

/forum*/*
/topic*/*
=attach

URL Filters - Directory - uncheck from the starting directory box and remove all keywords.

and keep only the following Included list keywords:

URL Filters - Server - uncheck the Up to 1 Links from other servers box.

This should work.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Florin Georgescu 07/10/2016 09:14 am
Thank you Oleg. It worked!

I am still puzzled about not being a standard forum engine. IP Board is used on thousands and thousands of forums. It is on the market for over 5 years.

Another observation I have is about the difficulty of setting OE. It still remains not intuitive despite having the templates. A much better solution would be a "forum analyzer". Upon entering the URL of the forum, UE starts analyzing what engine it has and prepares most of the settings. There aren't too much project types for a forum. Download a section, download a topic or download all images and attachments.

There was a nice piece of software that did those jobs, called ForumD. Sadly the project is abandoned. Maybe you can use it.
Oleg Chernavin 07/10/2016 09:15 am
Can I ask you to give me few more examples of such forums that use this engine?

This would help me to improve the template top support them.

Thank you!

Oleg.