Export not working properly in Offline Explorer Enterprise 6.8

Author Message
San 05/09/2014 01:44 pm

Hi folks,

I am facing an unusual problem with OE (Offline Explorer) enterprise version 6.8. After downloading project (a tutorial from Wikipedia.org), I am able to browse the project from within the OE as well as when I open the project in any browser launched from within OE (BROWSE WITH -> Mozilla Firefox ).
But as soon as i export the project to HDD, things mess up. The exported project when launched in a browser looks like a text file. No images (PNG), etc. I checked the report file as well but could not figure out any prob.
Could someone help me out ??

San
Oleg Chernavin 05/10/2014 07:57 am
Did you check the box to use standard extensions in the Export dialog? If this doesn't help, please let me know what site and starting URL you downloaded. I will see what is wrong there.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
San 05/10/2014 10:18 am
Hi Oleg,

Thanks for your quick response. These are the settings that i used :

For downloading project :
--------------------------------------
Starting URL : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Font
Levels Limit : 1
Skip loading following file types : Video,Audio,Archive.
Load only within the starting URL
Load images from any location
Try to explore all possible sub-directories
Download the project now.

For Exporting :
--------------------------------------
Filenames format : Joliet - CD-R-64 symbols.
Create contents file
Open file when export completes

System details :
--------------------------------------
OS : Win XP Pro SP3
RAM : 3GB
.Net Framework : 4.0
JRE : Not Installed

Hope, the info helps..

San
San 05/10/2014 10:30 am
Oh, forgot to mention that i used the option : "Use standard extensions for files with known file types", as suggested by you.

San
Oleg Chernavin 05/12/2014 09:09 am
Yes, I reproduced this issue, but haven't found why it happens yet. I hope to get this fixed in a couple of days. I will provide you with the fixed version then.

Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 05/16/2014 05:28 pm
I fixed this issue. Here is the updated OE.exe file:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/OEE4106.zip

Please redownload the site with this version.

Oleg.
San 05/19/2014 02:23 pm
Thanks Oleg,

The file that you gave works perfect.

Best Wishes,
San.
Oleg Chernavin 05/20/2014 08:15 am
Great! Thank you!

Oleg.