Blendswap download fails to capture attached files.

Graphicsuser 08/08/2013 06:36 pm
I have had this program for a while and used it with good results on several different websites, although not without a substantial amount of research and trial and error in creating proper download settings for different websites. I am trying to make a complete download of the website HTTP://www.blendswap.com/ for my own personal graphic design assets library. Once I have all the files in one place at the same time I can start renaming and organizing them properly and this tool has been incredibly useful for doing that thus far for setting that up with other websites. I have paid for a yearly Associates account on the website which means that I can download anything posted free of restrictions. (The specific license for how the individual asset can be used is contained in the attached file with the model/asset.) Currently the website allows you to set up a free account with a with a restricted download volume per month which should be enough for testing purposes for anyone attempting to help me resolve this issue. I have tried entering my user name and password into Offline Explorer and played with the settings for a couple of days but seem to be running into a roadblock at the login to download page. A complete download of the website isn't much use without the attached files that I am trying to capture. I was hoping someone with more knowledge of how this program works could take a look at the website and clue me into how I would need to set things up to download from this website properly.

Sincerely thank you for your time,
Graphicsuser
Oleg Chernavin 08/09/2013 01:30 pm
It should be easy to download this type of site.

You need to browse to the logon page of the site using the internal Browser of Offline Explorer Pro.

If you need to download the site immediately and only once, you can proceed with the logon and begin downloading the desired pages using Offline Explorer Pro. The program will use the session cookies of the logged on site from the internal browser.

You can also record the logon form contents in a Project, so that Offline Explorer Pro will know how to log itself on whenever you wish to download the site. This is useful when you want to schedule the site download or perform it later, or if you want to update the downloaded site in the future.

Once you have entered your username and password on the logon page in the internal browser, press and hold the Alt + Ctrl keys on your keyboard, click the Logon (or Submit) button in the Web form and release the keyboard buttons. You should get a new Project that contains the Web form information recorded in the URL field.

Adjust the Project settings as you wish (set the Level and other parameters) and click the OK button to save the Project. You may begin downloading at any time.

It is also recommended to make sure that the "Use alternate connection method" box is checked in the Internet tab of the Ribbon.

The form recording method is supported only in the Pro and Enterprise editions of Offline Explorer.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Graphicsuser 08/15/2013 03:52 pm
I tried this method and it did capture more of the website then before but still failed to get the attached files. Perhaps I need to play with the settings some more. Could you give this a try and see if you have the same results? I've tried a few of the obvious setting changes but nothing seems to be working, which leads me to believe that the reason is somewhat above my head.
Oleg Chernavin 08/16/2013 08:04 am
Can you please describe me what was not downloaded? If it is inside a restricted section, you may write us to support@metaproducts.com with the logon information.

Oleg.
Graphicsuser 08/19/2013 11:38 am
Its not inside of a restricted section. You should be able to create a basic user account and download up to 100mbs worth the attached files before reaching your limit. More then enough to do a test as most of the attached files are only 1-5mbs until you get into the advanced content. Pretty much the entire website is downloaded apart from the attached files. It seems I can't attach pictures to the thread here so I will send a snapshot of what I mean through email.
Oleg Chernavin 08/20/2013 02:58 pm
Unfortunately this site uses AJAX to get the download URLs. It is not yet supported. We are still looking for ways to get such scripts code downloaded.

Sorry!

Oleg.