Resume download of the interrupted project

zb0n3 06/05/2013 06:54 pm
Having problem resuming project download which was interrupted by Windows rebooting for updates installation.

I have now 15Gb of data in 800.000 files with about 1.5mln in queue and I can't figure out how to download the rest.
I hoped the program would save the queue when shut down and would pick it up from where it left.
If I choose resume option it gets the first page and then says all good. I tried to play with project's settings related to the way of downloading (all files/new and modified files etc.) with no use at all.
I switched off all the filters just in case with zero result. Basically, whatever I do it doesn't get the starting page.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
Oleg Chernavin 06/06/2013 11:55 am
The correct way to do this is to use the Download | Suspend to File before you reboot or shutdown. After rebooting the computer, you start Offline Explorer and Resume from File by choosing the filename where you saved the queue before.

If you didn't do this, you may select the Project and choose "Do not load existing files" mode in its Properties dialog. Then start the download - it would go through all downloaded files to collect missing links and continue the download.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff