arabic links and unicode ones

Akram 03/02/2013 10:01 am
Hi,

Is there way to not translate arabic links to an unicode ones ?

Do you think it's better to download huge files with md or oee ? And what if I use url substitute and md together ?

Thank you all (specially Oleg) for the wonderfull support.
Oleg Chernavin 03/02/2013 11:01 am
Yes, you may enable this in the Project Properties dialog - Parsing section - Use Unicode in filenames.

I think, there is no special need for Mass Downloader now if you download web sites with big files. It may make sense when you download single files, but not several ones together. Your bandwidth will be still used optimally.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Akram 03/05/2013 06:44 am
Thank you, but you got it wrong.

I want to NOT modifiy arabic links to _0803 and so on.

Example :
http://a.com/B/????.exe
I want it to be
B/????.exe
and not
B/_1593_1585_1576_1610.exe
the last one is not readable and I don't use older systems that don't support arabic characters.
Oleg Chernavin 03/05/2013 06:45 am
Yes, this setting should make filenames in native Unicode and also links, otherwise they would point to missing locations.

If there is a problem with it, can you please send me the URL of the page with such links to test?

Thank you!

Oleg.
Akram 03/05/2013 08:30 am
No, That's just fine.

Oee does it very good.

The only issue is that I prefer to have a readable links like I said before.

The website work well offline however when browsing the directories we get a lot of unreadable links and it's impossible to classify them by name.

I was able to get links to work with the arabic name with this method :

I download the website without archive, audio and video files with online translation.

Get all the missing files with their true name and download them with another software than data mine the website to get the translation offline with all of the downloaded files.

Sorry for all this text but it's very important, not only for arabic but with other non latin languages.
Akram 03/05/2013 08:33 am
I just happen to see that the example I gave you was not written well. I want just to tell you that they where in arabic but I think the board doesn't support it ...
Oleg Chernavin 03/05/2013 09:13 am
I see. Anyway, if any improvement would be necessary, please let me know with examples.

Oleg.
Akram 03/05/2013 12:43 pm
I you have not read my "before" last message ; It's a big "+" to the software to add this so said "feature" of translating to the native language instead of unicode.

I already knew that you disable it "for all" because of os support issues.

It's good but it will be better if there is an option to activate it also. Only users who know what they are doing will activate it.

I don't know if I have well summarized it or not. It's not a big deal if you skipped it, you have done a lot already for me but maybe in the future ... think about it.

Thank you very match for all that you have done for us.

Oleg Chernavin 03/06/2013 07:50 am
You are welcome! I will work on it in the next versions.

Oleg.
Akram 03/06/2013 01:41 pm
OK

thank you