I experienced sometimes this (big) problem.
I download a site, the main folder has lots of subdiredtory, I browse the site downloaded and everything works great.
But (obviously) I wanna Export:
- without subdirectory
- with MS-DOS 8+3 filenames
It happens that two (or more) files - that were in different directory before the Export - aren't renamed well: it happens that two (or more) links lead to the same page.
Only that one.
If I check the Export directory I find only that HTM file, the program lost the other pages and kept only the last one exported.
If I export keeping every subdirectory I don't experience that problem
I set Level to 0 and downloaded it. Export created two files - default.htm and default0.htm - just as expected.
How I can reproduce your issue?
Just start this project (we care only about htm files)
- Level Limit:
- URLs substitution:
Both applied to FILENAMES
Browsing offline everything works
at page 14) Harry "O' guaglione" leads to Harry "O' guaglione", FILE: Harry++
at page 167) Harry's surname leads to Harry's surname, FILE: Harry
Now EXPORT, without subdirectories and MS-Dos filenames and you get the problem
at page 14) Harry "O' guaglione" leads to Harry "O' guaglione", FILE: harry.htm, OK :-)
at page 167) Harry's surname leads to Harry "O' guaglione", FILE: harry.htm, WRONG :-(
It lost a link, no matter if it would have the right HTM file in the export directory.
This is what I got with your Project setup. There should be ~1.htm in filenames surely.
My Project settings:
Exported=13.09.2012 13:58:04 - d:\export\
harry.htm --> Harry's surname
harry0.htm --> Harry's surname
harry1.htm --> Harry "O' guaglione"
But both links at page 14 and 167 lead to the same file, harry.htm
I get the ~1 if I do not substitute every %*
When I substitute every %* with nothing, filenames often are very short
With short filenames I get this problem