Parsing speed

Coriolis 07/29/2012 03:44 am
Hello,

I downloaded a demo of Offline Explorer Enterprise to check out the multi-threaded parsing, but I am seeing no speed increase over my 5.9 copy of Offline Explorer Pro. I see no additional core activation. I am, in fact, seeing exactly the same times and processor utilization. Is there some setting I may have missed that is required to activate this feature?

Thank you.
Oleg Chernavin 07/29/2012 12:32 pm
Perhaps, there is a high hard disk usage that limits the parsing speed. You may see the number of parsing threads in the Status Bar - the message Parsing (xxx)..... contains dots equal to the number of parsing threads currently in use. This number is defined by the number of physical/virtual CPU cores.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Coriolis 07/29/2012 02:21 pm
Thank you for the explanation of the dots! I do see a number of dots equal to the number of cores in this machine. I do not see any disk activity during the parsing delays.

I may be seeing a different issue. I am running a local Privoxy proxy server on this machine, and I can't get OEE to *not* use it, even if I deselect it or remove it from OEE's proxy server tab. OEP 5.9 does not exhibit this behavior.

In any event, the loss of the message window in 6.x is a deal-breaker for me, so I will not be pursuing this upgrade further. Thank you for your time!
Oleg Chernavin 08/01/2012 02:45 pm
Yes, sorry for that. I will check the proxy issue anyway.

Thank you!

Oleg.