Date Modified vs Date Last Saved

jondank 10/03/2011 12:22 pm
Oleg

I noticed that the downloading process preserves
Content Creation Date
Date Last Saved

but the Date Modified is the date the file was copied.

Is the Date Modified supposed to be the copy date or should it be the same as the Date Last Saved?

It would be useful to preserve the Date Modified same as on the server because this would indicate the "posting date" (the date the owner last posted the document).

Is there perhaps an option to handle this?

John
Oleg Chernavin 10/03/2011 01:28 pm
We know that most servers for most pages do not return this information. Therefore we decided not to set file dates to the modification date/time. Besides, Offline Explorer itself uses file creation date for its features, like finding out files loaded during the last download.

We have a simple utility to assign modification dates to the files where it is possible:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/ofdsetup.exe

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
jondank 10/04/2011 08:20 am
Oleg

I think it makes sense to have at a minimum the option to retain the modification date of the file in the source location rather than updating that date to the current date/time.

In our business we may be presenting the documents to a government auditor in defense of a tax claim. So it is useful to be able to indicate to the auditor when the file was posted to the site. Of course Last Saved date is the most important date in this regard.

John
Oleg Chernavin 10/04/2011 08:27 am
Yes, looks like using such utility is not very convenient for your usage. I will think on adding such option.

Thank you!

Oleg.