Delete downloaded URLs automatically from URL field

Manny 09/08/2011 06:18 am
Hi,

If I have a number of single URLs in the URL field, is it possible for them to be automatically removed from the URL field as soon as they are downloaded?

For example, I have two URLs in the URL field

singleURL=blah1.html
singleURL=blah2.html

If first URL blah1.html has finished downloading, it should be removed from the URL field.
Oleg Chernavin 09/08/2011 06:20 am
No, there is no automatic removal. You can only do it manually. Sorry.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Manny 09/08/2011 06:22 am
Can this be implemented as a feature or are there potential problems to removing the URLs automatically?
Oleg Chernavin 09/08/2011 06:39 am
I will keep a note on this. But so far, I think it is more safe to keep them.

Oleg.
Manny 09/08/2011 07:23 am
If this feature cannot be implemented then a complementary feature would be a list of URLs from the URL field which for some reason have not been downloaded/re-downloaded.

Example..

singleURL=blah1.html
singleURL=blah2.html

blah1.html has been downloaded but blah2.html has not been downloaded/re-downloaded. So blah2.html should be added to another tab(ReQueue) or a list maybe so that this can be added back to URL field.

This would prove to be useful if you have lots of urls in the urlfield and you don't have to manually check which ones have to be readded to the URL field
Oleg Chernavin 09/08/2011 07:44 am
When the download starts, all linkss from the URLs field are added to the queue and get downloaded.

Oleg.
Manny 09/08/2011 08:00 am
I know that but what I was trying to say is this.....

Blah1.html .... blah50.html had already been downloaded before and contained links to other pages till blah100.html (Each blah page would show links to all pages till blah100.html)

Now after ten days the other pages have increased to blah150.html so blah1.html ... blah50.html have to be redownloaded so that they show the correct links to pages till blah150.html.

So I add blah1.html ... blah50.html (50 single URLs) to URL field to re-download the modified files, but out these 50 URLs only some get redownloaded even after hitting CTRL+F5 couple of times. SO I have to manually check the modified date of these 50 pages and re-add the ones that have not been re-downloaded back to the URL field.

So if there was a list/tab which shows which of the 50 URLs from URL filed have not been re-downloaded, then it would be easier to just add them back to the URL field, instead of the 50 original URLs
Oleg Chernavin 09/08/2011 08:07 am
The only thing that is available to see the list of downloaded files is the Map tab. Sorry, there is no automation for such process.

Oleg.