Downloading a password protected forum, with known username/password

jason 06/29/2010 03:27 am
I am having a lot of problems downloading a forum website..

I am a registered member with my own password, however, the site is going to close down soon, and i would like to mirror it for offline access.

here is a problem i have tried the logon method with the internal browser, and download that way. What happens is i can download the initial forum index with all the sections n all. as soon as i click on one of the protected sections, it brings me to a offline version of login page, i tried to login and i get the document not found page.

the url looks like this

http://127.0.0.1:7000/ft/www.thewebsiteIamdownloading.com/index/ucp.php?mode=login&sid=3bb1883de6b47df9180caa6de9117325&redirect=.%2Fviewforum.php%3Ff%3D3%26sid%3D3bb1883de6b47df9180caa6de9117325

on the internal browser(online version) i am logged in. but the offline counterpart downloaded is when i am logged out

after searching and reading on the forums, i tried the ctrl+alt + pressing login button,

new project pops up and i get

http://www.websiteIdownloading/index/

POST=username=MYUSERNAME&password=MYPASSORD&autologin=on&redirect=index.php&sid=30eefb1a6408542862ed72ed9657fa60&login=Login
Additional=ConvertPOSTToFileName
Referer=
SetCookie=__utma=BUNCH OF RANDOM NUMBER AND STRINGS

I download the whole site with that.. still the same thing, i get the page which prompts me to log in(offline version)

How do i download this?

thanks
Oleg Chernavin 06/29/2010 07:47 am
I suppose, there is some logout link that Offline Explorer follows. There is a protection against such links, but this site may have something specific. Can you please give me the URL to logout?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
jason 06/29/2010 11:46 am
Thanks for the quick response

the logout link is

http://www.WEBSITEIWANT.com/index/ucp.php?mode=logout&sid=a62ae41e3fcaabbe071f4d8b94a9215e

also, all the pages i downloaded have

.php@blahblah in it, and i cant open in any of the internet explores.
jason 06/29/2010 11:48 am
also, the forum is powered by

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Oleg Chernavin 06/29/2010 12:32 pm
This forum is pretty standard and such logout links should be filtered out by default. You may check this in the Project Properties dialog - File Filters - Text section. Make sure that "Ignore logout links" box is checked.

Regarding PHP files. If you want to browse them offline outside Offline Explorer, select the Project and click the Export Files box. Select the desired format and check the "Add standard extensions" box.

Oleg.
jason 06/29/2010 08:27 pm
my issue currently is that the offline mirror version keep bring me to a offline version of the login page. when i tried to login, it brings me to the document not found page(which is the log on authentication page)

so i cant actually view the content. since i cant "log in" and is always seens a guest in the offline version. How do i solve this?
Oleg Chernavin 06/30/2010 07:23 am
Yes, I understand - please read my previous post again - it is exactly about this issue. You need to logon the forum before the download in the Internal browser and then download it. The logout links should be filtered out during the download.

I think, the issue is related to logout links.

Oleg.
jason 06/30/2010 10:04 pm
it still does not work.

the ignorelogoutlinks box was already checked in my prev attempt automatically.. i even started a new project, logged on with the internal browser and downloaded the "current page"

i even typed in Ignorelogoutlinks (it became bolded)
in the URL field for the project

with level limit set to unlimted and downloading from the starting /index/ director and server.

all the other non protected section(there is about 7 section in total) can be viewed.

the protected part, when i goto the link, it asks me for login username and password. when i click login, i go back to square one..

it brings to the page not found.

the offline version thinks i am logged out.. thus mirror the website structure and ask me to log in, and when i do, the offline version does not have the cookie/authentication pass to allow me to pass and view the protected content.. a chicken and egg prblem

what am i doing wrong?
Oleg Chernavin 07/01/2010 06:45 am
I think, I need to try this download myself. Can I write you directly to the E-mail address you left in the forum?

I would need access to this forum and exact Project settings you are using. Thank you!

Oleg.