Question/setup regarding Enterprise 5.8

Mike 02/16/2010 01:19 pm
Trying to capture a secure college site with an account. Opened OE, using the internal browser opened the site login page, entered login info and pressed CTRL+ALT and created a new project. The password info was saved.
I set the project limit to 15, the deepest I’ve seen this site go was 12. The remaining Project section was left default.
I added PDF and swf to the File Filters sections.
URL Filters – Server I added the root directories within the domain to begin capturing and checked the “Load files only within the starting”
I added the password to the Password section for HTML forms. Everything else was left default.
The first time I began the collection the login worked fine and collected some files in the directories I chose. Also collected info in other directories. After the collection was complete I noticed a lot of files missing within the chosen directories. I clicked both the update and download missing files and still they are not collected.
I clicked the AutoSave button and must click on every link (html pages, PDFs and SWF files) to download them. Kind of defeats the purpose of using the tool.
I shut down OE and restarted it and then was asked to enter the username/password to begin; although it does still exist in the project info. Seems also that when I shut down the application and try using a browser to view the files offline I still need to enter username/passwords. Not sure why this would be the case.
Am I missing something in the setup to allow all files, etc to be downloaded without clicking on every link?
Is there something I’m missing with the password settings?
Oleg Chernavin 02/16/2010 02:23 pm
Frankly, it is strange. It should not ask for a password offline after you downloaded the site being logged on it. I haven't faced such behavior yet. If you will not be able to solve this, please send me more information to support@metaproducts.com. I will see what can be done.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Mike 02/16/2010 04:57 pm
Hello

I'll test it again and let you know. Any ideas about the downloading of the site? Maybe config changes?

Thanks
Mike
Oleg Chernavin 02/17/2010 01:59 am
Maybe. But I don't have any single idea without looking at the site.

Oleg.
Mike 02/17/2010 12:47 pm
Exported and am now not asked for a username/password. This is good. I see that for some reason the JPG links within a page are changed to html links and do not display in offline browsing. Within the internal browser they work fine.

Is there some setting to keep the correct image files as links?
Oleg Chernavin 02/18/2010 01:50 am
Can you give me more details about the site via support@metaproducts.com ? I am really curious on how this happened.

Thank you!

Oleg.