How to download a page from "localhost" / apache?

Soeren Maruschik 09/27/2009 03:41 pm
Hi,

i made a joomla website with xampp/apache server running on "http://localhost/"...

I think i did set up the project correctly, but it doesnt download the complete site from my local webspace simulation. How do i "download" my complete site from my "localhost" to burn it on cd?

Regards
Oleg Chernavin 09/27/2009 03:42 pm
Can you publish the site somehow, so I could access it and see what should be improved in Offline Explorer? Or suggest you better Project settings.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Soeren 09/27/2009 04:10 pm
Hi,

i found out that the problem was the file "robots.txt" which probably denied offline explorer to access all local apache directories. I tried to copy the local page which httrack and it also didn't have access to alle directories due to the robots.txt, then i found out that httrack has an option "ignore robots.txt" which helped my to solve the problem.

I think offline explorer wasn't able to start the "download" because it didn't have acces to all directories. But there was no message so I didn't know what was wrong.

Never the less my problem was a very special issue, but perhaps my informations help you to check this out.

Regards and thanks
Oleg Chernavin 09/27/2009 04:19 pm
Actually, it doesn't take robots.txt into account. Because a user himself defines what he wants to download and what to skip. So, I think, there is some other issue. If you will be able to find it out or make the site available for me, I will make an improvement.

Oleg.