URL Filters - Filename

Need Help 07/18/2009 01:49 pm
I just can''t figure out what is this option in URL Filters > Filename:
"Load files only with the starting filename"

I tried various tests to figure out how to work with this option. I also tried the help, but found no information.

Can anyone please explain to me about this option in great detail? and 2 or more examples so i can understand better?

Thanks!
Oleg Chernavin 07/18/2009 02:18 pm
Frankly, this box is pretty useless. In almost all cases it should be left unchecked. It was added only for consistensy with other URL Filters sections.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Need Help 07/18/2009 03:46 pm
> Frankly, this box is pretty useless. In almost all cases it should be left unchecked. It was added only for consistensy with other URL Filters sections.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

Still, can you give me a use example?
Oleg Chernavin 07/18/2009 06:51 pm
Well, imagine you want to download some FTP listing - ftp://ftp.server.com/ and if you will check this box, only directory contents files will be loaded, but no actual file listed on FTP server will be downloaded.

Oleg.
Need Help 07/19/2009 03:34 am
> Well, imagine you want to download some FTP listing - ftp://ftp.server.com/ and if you will check this box, only directory contents files will be loaded, but no actual file listed on FTP server will be downloaded.
>
> Oleg.

You gave me an example on how NOT to load files with the starting filename.
I want an example on how to load files with the starting filename (the real use of this option).

Oleg Chernavin 07/19/2009 09:22 am
Yes, the above is the correct example. Because if you have a URL ftp://ftp.server.com/ the the starting filename is "default.htm" for Offline Explorer. Directory listings are also ending with / symbol, so the filename of directory is equal to the starting filename. And if you have this box checked only directory listings will be downloaded, but none of the listed files.

Oleg.