Suggestion for OLE AUTOMATION

Janet 06/19/2009 10:10 am
I think that I would be great if it were possible to pause and resume project downloads using OLE automation (I have noticed that only start and stop methods exist for IOEProject) . For instance, when I download a project with 90000 files 4 Mb each, the parsing of files takes almost the whole day. So starting it each morning and stoping it in the evening is such a painl. I think that when the project is even bigger there won''t be enough time between the beginning and the end of download for parsing to complete. That would leave the most recently downloaded files with disfunctional hyperlinks.

My appologies if that''s not the right place for suggestions, although that would soon be a real problem for me.

Best regards, Janet.
Oleg Chernavin 06/19/2009 12:21 pm
OK. Please give me several days and I will add this feature. Thank you!

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Janet 06/19/2009 02:27 pm
That would be really great. I''ll be waiting in anticipation.

Janet.
Oleg Chernavin 06/22/2009 10:54 am
Please install this version:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/eesetup.exe

Read the Help file on OLE Automation - IOEProject.SuspendToFile or IMainOE.SuspendToFile functions.

Please let me know if they work well for you. Thank you!

Oleg.
Janet 06/24/2009 05:19 pm
Thank you so much Oleg. Everything works great.

I''ve got one observation though. When several instances of OEE are open OLE automation controls only the instance that was open first. Is there a way to control other instances? My intuition tells me that not but I''m just curious. Understandably, it would be great to control each instance seperatly.

It just came to my mind that having an option in the Scheduling section of a project specifying the exact time when the download pauses (stops) (as an addition to the time when it starts (resumes)) would be an even more powerfull method to control the time table of downloading than OLE automation.

Kind regards,
Julie.
Oleg Chernavin 06/24/2009 06:43 pm
I am sorry, I don''t know how to control each instance. I know there should be a way, but I haven''t researched it yet.

Scheduling - it is possible using the Limits section of the Properties dialog - set how many minutes it should download and it will stop at the specified time.

Oleg.