Difficulty With logging into Offline internal browser

Joe P 06/14/2009 05:38 pm
Hi there,
Thanks for the wonderful forum and all the help the support members and staff doing.

I have a question regarding how to get some information downloaded when you login into a site. Internally using offline browser if you go to the site and click on the link it pops up Internet Explorer and ask me to login (I don''t know why it is poping up IE to login) without getting into the login I can''t access anything from the site. I have no problem with the firefox logging in and save page one by one. I wish there is an easier way to do it by using Offline Explorer.

This is the site and
http://library.villanova.edu/Research/Databases and when you click on the link "WATERnetBASE" in firefox it opens up another tab with login information but if I try to do it with Offline Explorer it opens up IE and ask the same information but will not let me go inside the WATERnetBASE through Offline Explorer and without that I can''t download anything.

Any help highly appreciated.

Thanks
Oleg Chernavin 06/15/2009 06:30 am
I think, an easy way would be to copy the URL of the popup page and paste it into internal browser of Offline Explorer. This way you will browse to the logon page inside. Proceed with the logon and then download the site.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Joe P 06/15/2009 09:37 am
Oleg, thanks for your reply.

Posting the same thing I posted in this post, reposting here just so that there is continuity here for anyone who is reading this.

http://www.metaproducts.com/forum/forums_message.asp?id=217533#m0

When you copy the the URL from IE and then paste it into the internal browser it is logging in but not really getting inside the site(not recognizing I have logged in, like not having the cookie information saved or something like that). I have no problem with firefox but again that is not going to help in downloading the information I need. If you login with IE without Offline Explorer this is again creating issue regarding not able to get into the site. So I am thinking it might be something to do with how the cookie is set maybe.?

Thanks for all your suggestion and help
Oleg Chernavin 06/15/2009 10:04 am
You may send me the information to support@metaproducts.com - I will try to download this site myself.

Oleg.
Joe P 06/15/2009 10:34 am
> You may send me the information to support@metaproducts.com - I will try to download this site myself.
>
> Oleg.

Information sent
Oleg Chernavin 06/15/2009 10:41 am
OK. If you do not hear from me within 24 hours, please post here.

Oleg.
Joe P 06/16/2009 11:55 am
> OK. If you do not hear from me within 24 hours, please post here.
>
> Oleg.

Any suggestion on this one.? Always appreciate all your help. Thanks
Oleg Chernavin 06/16/2009 12:21 pm
I haven''t received it from our support. I wrote you myself to the address you left in this forum. Please see if you got it?

Oleg.
Joe P 06/16/2009 01:51 pm
> I haven''''t received it from our support. I wrote you myself to the address you left in this forum. Please see if you got it?
>
> Oleg.

Got it. Thanks let me know if you hear anything from them.

Thanks
Oleg Chernavin 06/16/2009 01:56 pm
Please reply my E-mail and let me know details about this site, including logon, so I could try myself.

Oleg.