Trouble saving forum within protected site

Ryan 06/05/2009 11:18 pm
I''ve been trying to help my client download the forums of a website to view offline, but I seem to be having trouble in doing so.

The main webpage is unaccessible without entering a password. This, I managed to get through by using the Alt+Ctrl Click. However, INSIDE this website has the javascript which leads to its own php forums. Now, the PHP forums does NOT have a login... it uses the same login as the main webpage.

Thus, for example... in IE or firefox, I log in through the main webpage, click the link which accesses the javascript, and I guess it transfers my login and user info into its PHP forums.

But after doing the Alt+Ctrl click, I don''t see a possible way to get around this. Any tips?
Oleg Chernavin 06/06/2009 05:41 am
Well, it is hard for me to imagine what is wrong there. Can you send me the details and access to this forum to support@metaproducts.com ? Please also describe what you need to download. I will do my best to help you.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
iNfeRnO 06/14/2009 07:11 am
> Well, it is hard for me to imagine what is wrong there. Can you send me the details and access to this forum to support@metaproducts.com ? Please also describe what you need to download. I will do my best to help you.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

I am having this exact same issue (to the extent that I wonder if Ryan and I are trying to copy the same site). Was this resolved?
Oleg Chernavin 06/14/2009 09:49 am
It should be enough to logon this site in the Internal browser and then start the download. Does it work?

Oleg.
iNfeRnO 06/15/2009 07:05 am
> It should be enough to logon this site in the Internal browser and then start the download. Does it work?
>
> Oleg.

It does not. When you click on the forum link in their website it opens up in a new window in actual Internet Explorer, not in the Internal Browser. I also tried going straight to the forum address while being logged into the main site in the internal browser and it does not detect that I''m logged in, so it logs me in as anonymous who doesn''t have access to anything. I wanted to logout and of just their forum to see if I could find a way to login to it normally, without going through their main website, but they''re forum doesn''t have a logout button either, so I can''t logout and it wouldn''t really help even if I stumbled on a way to be able to because anyone who is logged out gets immediately logged right back in as the anonymous account and you are back to not having access to anything. Tricky guys... it almost makes it seem like they designed it to not be able to be copied.
Oleg Chernavin 06/15/2009 08:29 am
No, in most cases it is possible to download such sites. When you have the popup window open, copy the address (URL) from this window and browse to this address in the Internal browser. Then proceed with the logon.

Oleg.
Joe P 06/15/2009 09:35 am
> No, in most cases it is possible to download such sites. When you have the popup window open, copy the address (URL) from this window and browse to this address in the Internal browser. Then proceed with the logon.
>
> Oleg.

Oleg, thanks for your reply.

I think what is happening here is exactly what is happening is the post/question I had here. Interesting to know that there are many sites/people having the same issue.
http://www.metaproducts.com/forum/Forums_Message.asp?id=218287&pg=0

When you copy the the URL from IE and then paste it into the internal browser it is logging in but not really getting inside the site(not recognizing I have logged in, like not having the cookie information saved or something like that). I have no problem with firefox but again that is not going to help in downloading the information I need. If you login with IE without Offline Explorer this is again creating issue regarding not able to get into the site. So I am thinking it might be something to do with how the cookie is set maybe.?

Thanks for all your suggestion and help
Oleg Chernavin 06/15/2009 10:04 am
You may send me the information to support@metaproducts.com - I will try to download this site myself.

Oleg.