Downloading a Book from WileyPlus with Pass and Login

Author Message
Raza 03/03/2009 12:54 am
Hello,
I want to download a book that I bought through WileyPlus.com The site is heavily secured and it uses javascript and xform instead of html files. The address in the address bar is always the same http://edugen.wiley.com/edugen/student/mainfr.uni. I tried the ALT + CTRL and "login" and it still doesn''t work.

Please help.
Oleg Chernavin 03/03/2009 05:26 am
I see. I would need to have access to this site in order to help you. You may send it to me using support@metaproducts.com

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Raza 03/04/2009 04:14 pm
> I see. I would need to have access to this site in order to help you. You may send it to me using support@metaproducts.com
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

Okay, I have send you the email, did you recieve it?
Oleg Chernavin 03/05/2009 02:39 am
No. Can I write you myself to the address you left in this forum? Is it valid?

Oleg.
Raza 03/05/2009 01:04 pm
> No. Can I write you myself to the address you left in this forum? Is it valid?
>
> Oleg.
Yes, it is valid.
Oleg Chernavin 03/05/2009 01:16 pm
OK. I just wrote you.

Oleg.
Tim 09/03/2009 02:04 pm
Was this topic resolved? I am curious about the same topic.
Oleg Chernavin 09/03/2009 02:39 pm
Here is what I wrote:

Yes, the site is complex. I have an idea, though. What about downloading a printer-friendly version?

The URL to download it would be:

http://edugen.wiley.com/edugen/courses/crs1692/pc/horstmann5542c11/horstmann5542c{:1..30}_{:01..40}.xform?course=crs1692&id=ref

Use Level=0 for it.

To download source code:

http://edugen.wiley.com/edugen/courses/crs1692/simulations/full/source_code/ch{:01..30}/index.htm
Set Level to 3 here.

Logon the site in the Internal browser of Offline Explorer Pro first and then download these Projects.

Oleg.
Tim 09/04/2009 12:34 pm
> Here is what I wrote:
>
> Yes, the site is complex. I have an idea, though. What about downloading a printer-friendly version?
>
> The URL to download it would be:
>
> http://edugen.wiley.com/edugen/courses/crs1692/pc/horstmann5542c11/horstmann5542c{:1..30}_{:01..40}.xform?course=crs1692&id=ref
>
> Use Level=0 for it.
>
> To download source code:
>
> http://edugen.wiley.com/edugen/courses/crs1692/simulations/full/source_code/ch{:01..30}/index.htm
> Set Level to 3 here.
>
> Logon the site in the Internal browser of Offline Explorer Pro first and then download these Projects.
>
> Oleg.


I downloaded the first url you mentioned and set it to level 0, signed in on the offline browser, but then I end up online and end up where I started at the http://edugen.wiley.com/edugen/student/mainfr.uni, do I need to download the first url at level 0 then sign in, and re-download both url''s you posted?
Tim 09/04/2009 09:17 pm
Hot Damn it worked. It gathered the pages for offline viewing. Now the next question, can I batch print them to an exported folder? Ideally I''m trying to compile them in 1 easy to navigate .pdf.
Oleg Chernavin 09/05/2009 01:15 pm
Export to PDF is not yet implemented. You may use the export to HTML Help file, however - it is also a browseable single and compressed file.

Oleg.
Tim 09/06/2009 06:51 pm
> Export to PDF is not yet implemented. You may use the export to HTML Help file, however - it is also a browseable single and compressed file.
>
> Oleg.

The book and it''s various chapters exists as a file within the downloaded directory? How would I go about locating this specific set of files?
Tim 09/06/2009 11:34 pm
Additionally, I tried to browse the downloaded site with no internet connection and it failed. It says no connection established just like it would for online browsing. How then does this make it offline browse-able?
Oleg Chernavin 09/07/2009 06:22 am
I would need to have access to that site to look at the issue. Can you send me the details to support@metaproducts.com ?

Oleg.