Oleg Chernavin 01/28/2009 06:00 am
What do you mean?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
sammy 02/05/2009 05:54 am

I mean, I want to be able to read my mails Offline

that is, after d''loading with OE

Reason is that I''d like to archive my mails and have access to them whenever. Without necessarily

hooking up with the Internet

Sammy
Oleg Chernavin 02/05/2009 06:24 am
Sure. Just logon the site with your E-mails in the Internal browser of Offline Explorer and create a new Project to download them.

Oleg.
sammyodins 02/14/2009 12:35 pm
> Sure. Just logon the site with your E-mails in the Internal browser of Offline Explorer and create a new Project to download them.
>
> Oleg.

Yea it''s working now.

But I discovered you have to change to "yahoo.com classic" or away from
any enhanced window of any emails service before you can save stuff for Offline browsing.

Is this suppose to be so?

Sammy
Oleg Chernavin 02/14/2009 01:08 pm
It is hard to download interactive contents automatically. Classic static HTML site part is much easier.

Oleg.
Sammy 02/21/2009 09:42 am
Sorry,

I''m back again.

I can only open tha first page. Even after raising the level to 6,
I still can''t open any other page.

Could you please, try illustrating with downloading yahoo mails?

Cause I really don''t know what''s gone wrong

thanks
Oleg Chernavin 02/22/2009 08:40 am
OK. I entered my account @yahoo mail and saw the following address:

http://us.mc455.mail.yahoo.com/mc/welcome?.rand=fjhgjkhlhl

Now I created a new Project in a Wizard with this address, Level=2, load only from the starting URL, load images from any site. This is enough.

Please make sure to logon the site in the Internal browser and copy such address and only then create a new Project for download.

Oleg.
Sammy 02/23/2009 02:32 am
Hey,

thanks for your prompt responses but I still have some questions

Now, using your specification (i.e. Level=2, Load only from the starting domain[NOT SERVER, is that OK?], load images from all sites.. Now I can download the pages but some of the messages don''t open.

It keeps taking you back to "Document Not Found...Click to go Online or Click to add it to the selected Project...

Even after adding the selected message, when you click on the message again it takes you back to the same page..

Now If you click on the ''Map'' Tab (btw the Proj and Queue Tabs) if you manually search thru, You''ll notice that the message has being downloaded but the link from the original page dose not reference it. That is one problem.

Another is that some messages just won''t open...The Message below comes up after clicking...

"There''s a problem viewing this message.

Are you trying to access a message that''s been moved or deleted? Try going to the folder it''s in (e.g., Inbox, Trash) and selecting the message from there.
If you''ve tried this, and relaunching Yahoo! Mail doesn''t work either, feel free to contact Customer Care about Error Code 4.

However, please note that messages deleted from the Spam folder are removed permanently and cannot be retrieved.

Thanks,

The Yahoo! Mail Team "
***********************************************************************************

Truth is that the message has not being deleted. If go Online, you''ll see it there.

Finaaly, when you backup the Proj (via Tools Menu), trying to open the project in another System (with OE installed) tends to be difficult. Maybe the cookies needed is absent or something. How can this be fixed?

Sammy
Oleg Chernavin 02/24/2009 09:16 am
Strange. I increased level to 3 and made next download. But this time yahoo server gave me only errors. I am trying to open it again - and errors only. Maybe some time later it will be working.

Oleg.
sammy 02/24/2009 11:45 pm

Hello,

Any solution yet....?
Still going thru the same problem.

Sammy
Oleg Chernavin 02/25/2009 09:26 am
Yes, I cannot find a way either. Sorry.

Oleg.
Sammy 03/04/2009 04:00 am

Hello,

I''ve being on it ever since far this is my observations:

1. You have to make sure that the email service you want to download from is on
STATIC mode not ENHANCED mode. Sign in (i.e login with your username and PASS)
2. copy the address at the address Bar
3. Create a new Project (using the copied address as your starting url)
4. Adjust the property to: Load files only within the starting Domain
Load within starting directory and below( this is important or
you''ll always be asked to sign IN)
Load only with the starting filename
5. Create the project by clicking ''OK''

6. Click on the Autosave botton
7. Double click on the name of the new project to start the download.

It should download all the needed files and take you to the first page''s address that you
copied earlier.

Continue to browse in this manner, and all the pages visited should be downloaded.

NOTE:

The challenges I have now is to be able to export the proj so as to be able to browse it in
another Pc. All effort to open the pages from another pc for Offline browsing has failed.

I used backup and even used the export utility, but both of them failed to open the proj in
another Pc correctly.

I copied the cookies from the Pc that I''m using to for the initial download to the other Pc but still
couldn''t open the proj correctly. It could open the first page, which is the starting page but that''s all.

I would be very glade if any help could be given in this regard.

Sammy
Oleg Chernavin 03/04/2009 05:48 am
If the downloaded site works well when you browse it offline inside Offline Explorer, then try to Export Project Files to an EXE viewer format. This should be most compatible one.

Oleg.