possible to download audio from this site?

Bob Green 12/17/2008 12:09 am
I''ve downloaded over 35,000 files from this audio site, but can''t =any= audio to play offline.
So I''m wondering if it''s even possible, using latest OEE.
This is the site:
http://faujsa.fau.edu/jsa/
Thanks
Oleg Chernavin 12/17/2008 08:25 am
Yes, this Flash applet uses tough script to encode links to real MP3 files. I made an improvement, but you will have to redownload this site again.

Can you please download the updated version here:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/oep2920.zip

Unzip the file and replace the old oe.exe file with the new one. Please let
me know how it works.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Bob Green 12/17/2008 10:34 am
1-What about other settings, like levels, starting directory, etc. anything else?

2-At what point should the audio start working in the internal browser?

3-Will the mp3''s be stored locally?

Thanks.

> Yes, this Flash applet uses tough script to encode links to real MP3 files. I made an improvement, but you will have to redownload this site again.
>
> Can you please download the updated version here:
>
> http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/oep2920.zip
>
> Unzip the file and replace the old oe.exe file with the new one. Please let
> me know how it works.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 12/17/2008 11:10 am
1. Any level and allow downloading from the starting server. URL Filters - Directory - allow from the list:

/jsa/
/lib/
/children/

2. I am not sure that audio will work the same way as on the online site. However all MP3 files should be downloaded and stored under the /lib/ folder of this site.

3. Yes, all MP3 should be downloaded. This is why I made the change in Offline Explorer in the new version.

Oleg.
Bob Green 12/17/2008 12:31 pm
No audio files in the LIB directory and only 2 audio files have been dowloaded in the parent directory (400108A05.mp3 and 400108A05.mp3) which are the default songs that play when you visit the homepage.

> 1. Any level and allow downloading from the starting server. URL Filters - Directory - allow from the list:
>
> /jsa/
> /lib/
> /children/
>
> 2. I am not sure that audio will work the same way as on the online site. However all MP3 files should be downloaded and stored under the /lib/ folder of this site.
>
> 3. Yes, all MP3 should be downloaded. This is why I made the change in Offline Explorer in the new version.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 12/17/2008 01:41 pm
Yes, this is true. MP3 files start to download, but the server returns empty files for some reason. I will look closer at it tomorrow. Maybe I will have better success.

Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 12/18/2008 09:04 am
I cannot understand this. When I browse this site in FireFox 3.0, no sound plays at all. I used a tool to see all traffic and the site requests the same MP3 file URLs as Offline Explorer and gets eply with 0 length.

Oleg.
Bob Green 12/24/2008 05:22 pm
> I cannot understand this. When I browse this site in FireFox 3.0, no sound plays at all. I used a tool to see all traffic and the site requests the same MP3 file URLs as Offline Explorer and gets eply with 0 length.
>

Same thing happened to me! Site does not work from any PC off my router (and off yours!) but works from other PCs. Do you think that the site senses the download attempts and disabled or locked out the IP address?
Oleg Chernavin 12/25/2008 03:05 am
Yes, some sites block such attempts based on cookies or IP. If browsing it from another browser (like Opera) doesn''t work, then IP is blocked. In order to keep load on a site low, use 1 connection and random delay, like 2-5 in the Internet tab of the Ribbon.

Oleg.