File naming problem

Tough 11/16/2008 03:50 pm
Hi,

While downloading the page with project setting Do not download existing file, I noticed that if page is linked to file image232_238aksianyone.jpg then offline explorer download that file as 238aksianyone.jpg.
If this page is linking another file image233_238aksianyone.jpg or image234_238aksianyone.jpg or niceimage_238aksianyone.jpg then offline explorer doesn''t download rest of files while all files are differnet and their names are different. For all these it says Aborted 238aksianyone.jpg already exists. What about the other files? There is some thing wrong with _. I am using lastest version 5.2

Oleg Chernavin 11/16/2008 03:59 pm
I think this may happen with links that have one URL and a different filename. It is so-called, Content-Disposition naming.

Please add the following line to the Project''s URLs field:

Additional=SkipDisposition

This will skip naming files differently from its URL.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Tough 11/17/2008 02:00 pm
I tried to do the same as you suggested, but still same thing happening

To clear it more

for following file in url
file123_testImage20.jpg

it says
Aborted testImage_20.jpg already exist

filexyz_abced.jpg

it says
Aborted abced.jpg already exist

image1232.jpg?@QueryStringParameter=600x800
image1232.jpg?@QueryStringParameter=800x600

it says
image1232.jpg already exist

Specially in file123_testImage20.jpg and filexyz_abced.jpg case, these files must be downloaded.

Hope to get its solution.

Regards,

> I think this may happen with links that have one URL and a different filename. It is so-called, Content-Disposition naming.
>
> Please add the following line to the Project''''s URLs field:
>
> Additional=SkipDisposition
>
> This will skip naming files differently from its URL.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 11/17/2008 05:23 pm
Can you give me exact URLs and your Project settings (Export - Project Settings - Copy, then paste to forum), so I could reproduce it myself?

If you don''t want to disclose it here, please send to support@metaproducts.com

Oleg.
Tough 11/18/2008 05:53 am
Thanks Olex,

Right now I am out of station. but to produce is very simple,
Have a simple html page linking to images with the names I stated above and start download the page.
I am using default project setting. I have checked mark Do not download existing files.

I guess there is some thing wrong while downloading an image, Offline explorer might be checking or matching the soundex of file. This is just my wild guess or I am missing some setting out here.

Tough 11/18/2008 05:55 am
Or it might be maching the part of image ignoring _ like in programming langauges we have indexOf()
Oleg Chernavin 11/18/2008 07:24 am
I checked, it works well. Please give me the URL to reproduce.

Oleg.