extra "/" inside web page code

Richard 10/23/2008 07:40 am
I am trying to download an exact copy of my web site and move it to a different host, I cannot get FTP access to my old site. But for some reason Offline Explorer always adds a "/" (forward slash) inside the HTML code of all the pages for images "src" and other relative links.

I just want an exact duplicate of the site, without Offline Explorer changing anything.

Thanks.
Oleg Chernavin 10/23/2008 12:23 pm
Can you please give me an example of a page and tell what links from it contain this problem?

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Richard 10/24/2008 08:01 am
Oleg,

I later realized that the "/" was from the web site itself, so I had to remove all of "/" manually.

Nonetheless, I also noticed that Offline Explorer did not download the .swf files properly. I cannot play any of the Flash .swf files that Offline Explorer downloaded.

Please advise.

Thanks.

> Can you please give me an example of a page and tell what links from it contain this problem?
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 10/24/2008 08:47 am
I would suggest you to select the Project that partially downloaded the site, click the AutoSave button on the Internal Browser toolbar and then click Browse. Offline Explorer Pro should download missing files.

Oleg.
Richard 10/24/2008 09:02 am
Oleg,

Please remove the domain name from my previous post. I am not allowed to put the client''s domain name here.

Thanks.
Richard 10/24/2008 09:10 am
Oleg,

Offline Explorer downloaded the files fine, but the Flash .swf files are not playable. That is the problem. Do you know why? The web site is *********.com.

Thanks again.

> I would suggest you to select the Project that partially downloaded the site, click the AutoSave button on the Internal Browser toolbar and then click Browse. Offline Explorer Pro should download missing files.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 10/24/2008 09:10 am
Sure. Maybe you could better write me to support@metaproducts.com with more details on that?

Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 10/24/2008 09:27 am
I looked at the first page there but didn''t see Flash. Maybe it is deeper...?

Oleg.
Richard 10/24/2008 02:05 pm
Oleg,

I got it working. I am not quite sure what happened. It downloaded the .swf files and most of them are working.

Thanks very much for your help.
Oleg Chernavin 10/24/2008 02:07 pm
OK. Good. If this problem happens again, please let me know.

Oleg.