Website history

dontcare 09/02/2008 05:43 pm
Hello,

there''s a feature I''m missing in OE (or maybe I just didn''t find it...):
A website history

Lets say I downloaded a website on 1st september, then update it on 2nd september.
Now a page changed, maybe it has been removed, I wasn''t logged in (cookie based auth) and downloaded just the error message - the old version is overwritten. I''d like to be able to choose something like "history - 09/01/08" and then view the project as I downloaded it on this date. Of course I should also be able to change from this version to the version of 2nd september. A history for the whole project would be a really useful thing.
Maybe you could even expand this, e.g. if page a.htm changed, add a notice at the top of this html site, so you can export the project and if you call a.htm you see the current version but also a notice that this page changed and an old version if available (which then can be viewed by clicking the according link).

I hope this can be done, let me know what you think about it or if something isn''t clear.

Thanks!
Oleg Chernavin 09/03/2008 07:43 am
You are right. We are thinking about such feature for some time already. It is not easy to implement, but we still plan to add it in future. However I cannot tell for sure when it will be done.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff