Too much trash being downloaded with the forums...

stts 06/08/2008 02:30 pm
Hello

Newbie here. Tired of forums offline by hackers so downloading them before they vanish for good.

First, the forum is Kitcarsforum.com. The forum is huge, but I am just doing the smallest thread for now to learn how this works. I use wizard to create project and it starts downloading only from the thread I choose. It is still huge so I stop it and start latter. Problem is, when I restart "Only New and updated files", it downloads all the threads instead of the tiny thread I started the project with. On the left, I curser the project thread then right click to get the start choices. On restart it now wants to take the entire forum and that may take weeks.

Also, is there any way to know how big in bytes I am going to DL when I pick a thread?

Also, I just want posts and the pics and videos assosiated with the post. When I use windows explorer to look at the download directory, I get Ebay and Paypal and Yahoo and Google and mediaplaze and everything else in the world, so I dont think the download will ever finish untill my harddrive is full. Is there a simple way to exclude all that other crap? There are so many directories created, it is hard to spot the thread directory I initially started with. A year from now I might see all that and think the whole thing is just junk and delete it by accident.

Thanks for the tips and I am useing OE enterprize.
Oleg Chernavin 06/09/2008 06:52 am
I would suggest you to add the following keywords to the URL Filters - Filename - Included list:

^?topicseen
default.htm

This will help not to get garbage URLs. If you want to download only some thread, like:

http://www.kitcarsforum.com/technical-discussion-and-question/front-body-problem-question/

Then also check the URL Filters - Directory - "Load only from the starting..." box.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
stts 06/09/2008 11:59 am
Thanks so much, Ill try useing those settings.

Steve

> I would suggest you to add the following keywords to the URL Filters - Filename - Included list:
>
> ^?topicseen
> default.htm
>
> This will help not to get garbage URLs. If you want to download only some thread, like:
>
> http://www.kitcarsforum.com/technical-discussion-and-question/front-body-problem-question/
>
> Then also check the URL Filters - Directory - "Load only from the starting..." box.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 06/10/2008 06:15 am
You are welcome!

Oleg.