FLASH-enabled sites

Alex 05/27/2008 05:19 am
Hi there.

1. Could someone guide me...is there a way to download a FLASH sites (not a single-file FLASH objects pushed to single HTML page, but a huge beautiful FLASH projects where all the links are natively compiled to .swf files, and any single .swf file could call to another one .swf file - say, the preview.swf forwards me to menu.swf, then it could be calling to navigate.swf+music.swf where are tons of other .swf files calling each other directly without any HTML hyperlinks etcetcetc...- and there is only one HTML page (index.html) to initiate the whole panopticum?

2. The same story and the same question about the .MOV files (QuickTime-enabled). These are rare but still around.....

Thanks brothers,
Alex
Oleg Chernavin 05/27/2008 08:21 am
These sites are really tough. Offline Explorer Pro/Enterprise can download such sites, but some links may be still missing. In this case there is an AutoSave feature that helps with most sites:

Select the Project that partially downloaded the site, click the AutoSave button on the Internal Browser toolbar and then click Browse. Offline Explorer Pro should download missing files.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Alex 05/27/2008 10:05 pm
> These sites are really tough.
Yes, they are. They can be downloaded only manually so far (and of course you got to have all the URLs in advance - by recompile or even reversing the main .swf). The problem is that the project might be VERY large (thousands of .swf''s cross-calling each other). :(

And this will not help with QuickTime (no reversing software for these .mov''s yet)...

>Offline Explorer Pro/Enterprise can download such sites, but some links may be still missing. In this case there is an AutoSave feature that helps with most sites:
> Select the Project that partially downloaded the site, click the AutoSave button on the Internal Browser toolbar and then click Browse. Offline Explorer Pro should download missing files.

OK thanks bro, I''ll try it with my next site!! :)
Oleg Chernavin 05/28/2008 05:12 am
Yes, mov files are still enigma. As far as I know, noone has managed to make streaming .mov files downloadable.

Oleg.
Alex 05/28/2008 05:20 am
> Yes, mov files are still enigma. As far as I know, noone has managed to make streaming .mov files downloadable.

Hmm...really?? Can you point me to the sample? I''ll try to get that for''ya. :)
There is nothing "non-downloadable" in this word....;)
Alex 05/28/2008 05:21 am
> Hmm...really?? Can you point me to the sample? I''''ll try to get that for''''ya. :)
> There is nothing "non-downloadable" in this word....;)

World, not word, sorry :)
Oleg Chernavin 05/28/2008 05:54 am
I see. We have plans to continue working in this direction.

Oleg.