Changing Project Properties after download

FABRICIOBSB 05/16/2008 06:58 am

Hello, again. :)

I have some questions and one suggestion: (sorry for the poor english)

1 - I downloaded a project and decided to change its properties (for example, adding an url filter or restricting certain servers). If I press CTRL + F5 OE will start considering the change?

2 - I suspended the project to a file before changing project properties. If I resume from this file Oe will ignore URLs or servers according to new config or it''ll download everything referenced in WDQ file?

3 - When I export a project, does OE use the project properties i have now or it exports based on parsing all files on disk? I mean, does Oe parses files during export according to current project properties?

4 - What are the functions of files starting with "URL" (blb, etc) that resides in OE settings folder? Can I delete some of them? If so, what are the consequences in whole project?

SUGGESTION: In the queue tab, fields (referers, URL, servers) should be sorted in someway. For example, if i want to abort only URLs of an specific server, it will be more easy if i suspend the download, sort all of them in queue tab, select all and abort.

Thanks for the good program!!

Oleg Chernavin 05/21/2008 12:19 pm
> 1 - I downloaded a project and decided to change its properties (for example, adding an url filter or restricting certain servers). If I press CTRL + F5 OE will start considering the change?

Yes, sure.

> 2 - I suspended the project to a file before changing project properties. If I resume from this file Oe will ignore URLs or servers according to new config or it''''ll download everything referenced in WDQ file?

No, all links recorded in WDQ file will be checked against the current settings in the Project. They will be loaded only when they are allowed.

> 3 - When I export a project, does OE use the project properties i have now or it exports based on parsing all files on disk? I mean, does Oe parses files during export according to current project properties?

No. It exports all files that are in the Project Map.

> 4 - What are the functions of files starting with "URL" (blb, etc) that resides in OE settings folder? Can I delete some of them? If so, what are the consequences in whole project?

It is a database of very long links. If a link in a downloaded file is longer than 100 symbols, it is truncated and this database will contain filename and the long original URL.

> SUGGESTION: In the queue tab, fields (referers, URL, servers) should be sorted in someway. For example, if i want to abort only URLs of an specific server, it will be more easy if i suspend the download, sort all of them in queue tab, select all and abort.

I understand, but it is really hard to sort the queue, because it may hold millions of files. You may use select by mask feature instead for such operations.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
FABRICIOBSB 05/21/2008 02:16 pm
> > 1 - I downloaded a project and decided to change its properties (for example, adding an url filter or restricting certain servers). If I press CTRL + F5 OE will start considering the change?
>
> Yes, sure.
>
> > 2 - I suspended the project to a file before changing project properties. If I resume from this file Oe will ignore URLs or servers according to new config or it''''''''ll download everything referenced in WDQ file?
>
> No, all links recorded in WDQ file will be checked against the current settings in the Project. They will be loaded only when they are allowed.
>
> > 3 - When I export a project, does OE use the project properties i have now or it exports based on parsing all files on disk? I mean, does Oe parses files during export according to current project properties?
>
> No. It exports all files that are in the Project Map.
>
> > 4 - What are the functions of files starting with "URL" (blb, etc) that resides in OE settings folder? Can I delete some of them? If so, what are the consequences in whole project?
>
> It is a database of very long links. If a link in a downloaded file is longer than 100 symbols, it is truncated and this database will contain filename and the long original URL.
>
> > SUGGESTION: In the queue tab, fields (referers, URL, servers) should be sorted in someway. For example, if i want to abort only URLs of an specific server, it will be more easy if i suspend the download, sort all of them in queue tab, select all and abort.
>
> I understand, but it is really hard to sort the queue, because it may hold millions of files. You may use select by mask feature instead for such operations.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff

Ok, thanks.

About the suggestion, i understand too. But what if i could select only Referers of URLs by mask? It''s what i need.

Another problem. I ended downloading a project and when i use the export feature (folder option) it stops exporting. Deleting any file direct from folder could cause this? or something else?
Oleg Chernavin 05/22/2008 05:02 am
> About the suggestion, i understand too. But what if i could select only Referers of URLs by mask? It''''s what i need.

Sorry, it doesn''t search inside referers.

> Another problem. I ended downloading a project and when i use the export feature (folder option) it stops exporting. Deleting any file direct from folder could cause this? or something else?

No, Export will work even if you remove folders or files. How it stops? Any error message or what?

Oleg.
FABRICIOBSB 05/23/2008 06:27 am
> > About the suggestion, i understand too. But what if i could select only Referers of URLs by mask? It''''''''s what i need.
>
> Sorry, it doesn''''t search inside referers.
>
> > Another problem. I ended downloading a project and when i use the export feature (folder option) it stops exporting. Deleting any file direct from folder could cause this? or something else?
>
> No, Export will work even if you remove folders or files. How it stops? Any error message or what?
>
> Oleg.

Ok. So that''s another suggestion on referers'' search. :)

When it stops exporting, there are no error messages. The window shows about 5498/143000 files.
The progress bar stops too. And never continues.

I deleted mpx files and parsed project again (CTRL + F5, F9 and after parsing, F8). Same problem occurred. It continues to start exporting and stops at some point. It''s annoying me, because I finally ended to download a project after a lot of fine tuning, and now i cannot export it.
Oleg Chernavin 05/23/2008 07:19 am
Can you please write me to support@metaproducts.com ? I will be able to make a version that logs what goes on there.

Oleg.
FABRICIOBSB 05/23/2008 08:36 am
> Can you please write me to support@metaproducts.com ? I will be able to make a version that logs what goes on there.
>
> Oleg.

Ok.

E-mail sent.
Oleg Chernavin 05/23/2008 09:57 am
OK. I will make the special version and send the link to it by E-mail. Thank you!

Oleg.
FABRICIOBSB 05/23/2008 10:05 am
> OK. I will make the special version and send the link to it by E-mail. Thank you!
>
> Oleg.

Thank you too for the fantastic support.

I will be waiting.

FABRICIOBSB 05/23/2008 11:07 am

Just another information: I''m using "prevent directories from overloading" option.
FABRICIOBSB 05/27/2008 11:18 pm
???????

Still waiting...
Oleg Chernavin 05/28/2008 08:31 am
Sorry that it took some time. I just sent you an E-mail.

Oleg.
FABRICIOBSB 05/28/2008 08:59 am
> Sorry that it took some time. I just sent you an E-mail.
>
> Oleg.

Thanks a lot. Good support, as always.

I''ll try it as soon as possible.
Oleg Chernavin 05/29/2008 06:14 am
OK. I just replied your E-mail.

Oleg.
FABRICIOBSB 05/30/2008 03:55 pm
> OK. I just replied your E-mail.
>
> Oleg.

Me too...
FABRICIO BSB 05/31/2008 12:25 pm
Oleg,

E-mail sent.

Another problem:

I’m exporting another project (about 160000 files) and its parsing process is very slow, too. I observed the time of each file and i was able to see parsing of this project is taking 260 files per hour.

If it continues like this, i’ll take about 21 days to export the role project. It’s annoying.

Thank you for the support.
FABRICIO BSB 05/31/2008 12:46 pm
Oleg,

E-mail sent.

Another problem:

I’m exporting another project (about 160000 files) and its parsing process is very slow, too. I observed the time of each file and i was able to see parsing of this project is taking 260 files per hour.

If it continues like this, i’ll take about 21 days to export the role project. It’s annoying.

Thank you for the support.

AND I''M USING "PREVENT DIRECTORIES OVERLOADING" OPTION......
Oleg Chernavin 06/01/2008 06:21 am
Yes, I perfectly understand. I will work to make this process faster when using overloaded directories. This should help, but it may take some time to do.

Oleg.
FABRICIOBSB 06/02/2008 10:10 pm
> Yes, I perfectly understand. I will work to make this process faster when using overloaded directories. This should help, but it may take some time to do.
>
> Oleg.

So, i give up. I can''t export my project. It never ends exporting.... :(
Oleg Chernavin 06/03/2008 05:52 am
Sorry, I am still working on this.

Oleg.