Using OEE To Record Webcam

Fred Vance 07/20/2007 02:23 am
Hello,
I am using OE Enterprise 4.7 to record a webcam. In the sequencer options under internet - connections, is there a possibility that the timeout (seconds) could be reduced to 1 or even 0? Right now I am running at a timeout of 2 seconds but am still missing a lot and figure it would be great if it could refresh faster.

Thanks.

Fred
Oleg Chernavin 07/20/2007 11:06 am
Do you mean Delay between downloads setting? If yes, you can type there:

0-1

to get random delays less than 1 second.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MP Staff
Fred Vance 07/21/2007 09:46 am
Hey Oleg,
Thanks for the help, but I didn't mean the Delay Between Downloads, as I had that set to 0 and everything was fine, but I meant the Timeout (seconds), as the lowest you can go on that is 2, which enables OE to capture the cam I am watching every two seconds. Is there a way to possibly get that Timeout (seconds) to zero or even one, so that the capture rate will be faster? Thanks.

FV

> Do you mean Delay between downloads setting? If yes, you can type there:
>
> 0-1
>
> to get random delays less than 1 second.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MP Staff
Oleg Chernavin 07/22/2007 02:01 pm
Well, I cannot understand how timeout helps with this download. It works this way - if Offline Explorer connects to a server and waits for the data more than Timeout seconds then it disconnects and tries again. It doesn't save the data received before the timeout.

Oleg.
Fred Vance 07/22/2007 03:34 pm
Hey Oleg,
Thanks for your continuing support and help.

When I am capturing the webcam in the OE sequencer, here are the settings I have in Internet - Connections:

Number of Connections: 1
Timeout (seconds): 2
Delay between Downloads: 1

So with these settings, it saves the new cam image every 2 seconds, since that's the timeout setting, but as of now you can't get below 2 seconds. I need at least a 1 second or even 0 second timeout setting in order to get every fresh cam image. Can OE possibly do this?

FV

> Well, I cannot understand how timeout helps with this download. It works this way - if Offline Explorer connects to a server and waits for the data more than Timeout seconds then it disconnects and tries again. It doesn't save the data received before the timeout.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 07/24/2007 06:23 am
Can you tell me the URL of the page with the web cam, so I could see myself how to capture it better?

Oleg.
Fred Vance 07/30/2007 01:51 am
Hey Oleg,
Here's the URL: http://reno.vs.oiccam.com/ftp/capcom/lvip/image.jpg

I'm trying to capture it every second or faster, but am trying to figure out how to do that using OE without getting the 2 second delay. Thanks for any help you can provide.

FV
Oleg Chernavin 07/30/2007 03:53 am
I would suggest you to use the Sequencer for that - View - Sequencer menu. Add this project there, allow Loop and in the Project Properties dialog allow File Copies feature. This will allow downloading it very fast.

Oleg.
Fred Vance 07/30/2007 11:18 am
Hey Oleg,
Ya, previously I had the URL running in the Sequencer, with the File Copies feature allowing many copies to be made, but unfortunately with this there is still a 2 second delay between saving images. Is there a way to tweak OE to save the images faster? Thanks.

FV
Oleg Chernavin 07/31/2007 05:03 am
You can set Delay Between Downloads to 0 in the Options dialog. This will make sure there is no delay between the Project starts.

Oleg.